Solved

which of these cards are better for gaming?

im looking at getting a new graphics card for my pc and these two cards are neer enough the exact same price and i was wondering if anyone with a better knowledge of GPU's could tell me.. which is better for gaming?
the first one: http://www.ebuyer.com/398800-zotac-gtx-650-ti-2gb-gddr5-dual-dvi-dual-hdmi-pci-e-graphics-zt-61102-10m
and its contender:
http://www.ebuyer.com/434552-gigabyte-gtx-650-ti-1gb-gddr5-5400mhz-dual-link-dvi-hdmi-pci-e-graphics-gv-n65toc-1gi

any help is greatly appreciated :)
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cards gaming
  1. Best answer
    The first one. It has more VRAM so it will be less limited in future games and at higher resolution. Also by a better company imo.
  2. icraft said:
    The first one. It has more VRAM so it will be less limited in future games and at higher resolution. Also by a better company imo.

    thankyou very much for your snappy reply! :) much appreciated! so is VRAM more important than GPU clock speed?
  3. No, but they should both get to about the same clock using the boost 2.0, just set the power limit to +20% when you get the one you choose. (In overclocking tutorials.)
  4. icraft said:
    No, but they should both get to about the same clock using the boost 2.0, just set the power limit to +20% when you get the one you choose. (In overclocking tutorials.)


    awesome! so im going to but the one with more VRAM and when i do get it would it be a good idea overclocking it? just the normal way with stability tests and increasing its clock speed in small deviations?
  5. Yes, but since it uses boost it overclocks differently. Use a lot of tutorials, I've only overclocked on AMD, so no boost stuff.
  6. icraft said:
    Yes, but since it uses boost it overclocks differently. Use a lot of tutorials, I've only overclocked on AMD, so no boost stuff.


    perfect thankyou very much for your time! im going to head on and buy it :)
    many thanks again
    zak
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming GPUs Graphics Cards Graphics