Solved

Blue Screen of Death on windows 7 every hour or so

randomly out of no were the last week windows has been randomly shutting down into blue screen and i don't know why. i have tried taking out, movie and doing generally everything with the ram could someone tell me what it could be

http://i.imgur.com/xTxeAXx.jpg a picture of the blue screen if that helps
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about blue screen death windows hour
  1. Sounds like a driver issue, has any hardware changed? Using a new USB device? DO you have the latest BIOS and mobo drivers?
  2. Best answer
    Windows update recently OR something else new?

    The answer in this post http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/windows-7-bsod-0x000000d1/73fda265-5ac5-4820-b764-4a9cef9c1af8 is pretty good.
  3. Tradesman1 said:
    Sounds like a driver issue, has any hardware changed? Using a new USB device? DO you have the latest BIOS and mobo drivers?


    well no i just moved my computer and all the usb's might be in different spots but that's about it and i got anew hard drive about 1 week before this started to happen and tried to mirror the drives, i have unplugged my new hard drive by now cause the mirror did not work.
  4. How bout the drivers that were used when you attempted the mirroring, may want to unload and reload, may have somthing hanging out there from those (i.e. generally speaking - looking for the 'missing' drive
  5. Tradesman1 said:
    How bout the drivers that were used when you attempted the mirroring, may want to unload and reload, may have somthing hanging out there from those (i.e. generally speaking - looking for the 'missing' drive


    when you say drivers do u mean my display drivers and mobo drivers
  6. Here I'm thinking mobo chipset and drive drivers
  7. Tradesman1 said:
    Here I'm thinking mobo chipset and drive drivers


    how do i find these drivers, this is what my pc was originally (everything other than cpu and mobo are changed) help find the drivers please
  8. May just want to go to the mobo site, and download the drivers for the mobo and update
  9. Tradesman1 said:
    May just want to go to the mobo site, and download the drivers for the mobo and update


    i cant find it anywhere Gateway IPISB-VR
  10. Tradesman1 said:
    May just want to go to the mobo site, and download the drivers for the mobo and update


    i cant find it anywhere Gateway IPISB-VR
  11. Tradesman1 said:


    when i downloaded the first one BIOS Downloads it says : This is the BIOS for the Intel(r) SE91510J (South Lake, South Lake 2, South Lake 3, Luxemburg) motherboards. All previous updates are superseded by this update. is that my computer

    is this compatible with my computer
  12. That's supposed to be the page for your mobo, so I would assume yes - I don't have the computer/mobo in front of me
  13. Tradesman1 said:
    That's supposed to be the page for your mobo, so I would assume yes - I don't have the computer/mobo in front of me


    okay thanks for all the help i will try this when my computer crashes next becasue here it shows a way to check if the mobo is the right one

    Thanks again
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows Windows 7 Blue Screen