Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

PowerColor AMD Radeon HD 7750 4GB DDR3 AX7750 4GBK3-H

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 25, 2013 6:16:39 AM

Hello everyone,

Does anyone have experience with this card? I am looking for a single slot upgrade to the onboard GPU I have, and the 4 GB of memory sounds great.

Thanks, in advance, for any feedback/advice you can offer.

Best solution

August 25, 2013 6:22:37 AM

Sounds great...but most of it will be useless as the card is not powerful enough. Get the 7750 1 GB DDR5 version.
Share
August 25, 2013 6:34:11 AM

This 4GB card is just for newbies, who think that more ram, the better.
m
0
l
Related resources
August 25, 2013 6:41:01 AM

Waste, I just got a 7750 2GB GDDR5 for my HTPC, only because it was dirt cheap and a only a couple of ££ over the standard 1GB version.
m
0
l
August 25, 2013 6:52:31 AM

i suspect for the price of a 7750 4gb you could get a 7770 2gb easy if not a 7790.

got a PSU?
m
0
l
August 25, 2013 7:02:19 AM

qbsinfo said:
i suspect for the price of a 7750 4gb you could get a 7770 2gb easy if not a 7790.

got a PSU?


Yes, an LSP Ultra 600W PSU (peak 700W). My challenge is finding a single slot card, as I am using the PCIe x 1 slot for a USB 3.0 card for my back up drive. From what everyone is saying, I am better off focusing on a card with DDR5 memory; even if it only has 1 GB memory.
m
0
l
August 25, 2013 7:16:06 AM

dvdiii said:
qbsinfo said:
i suspect for the price of a 7750 4gb you could get a 7770 2gb easy if not a 7790.

got a PSU?


Yes, an LSP Ultra 600W PSU (peak 700W). My challenge is finding a single slot card, as I am using the PCIe x 1 slot for a USB 3.0 card for my back up drive. From what everyone is saying, I am better off focusing on a card with DDR5 memory; even if it only has 1 GB memory.


ah! i just looked at a bunch of 7770/90s and no go on a single slot, sorry. you'd be happy with one.

m
0
l
August 25, 2013 7:21:33 AM

qbsinfo said:
dvdiii said:
qbsinfo said:
i suspect for the price of a 7750 4gb you could get a 7770 2gb easy if not a 7790.

got a PSU?


Yes, an LSP Ultra 600W PSU (peak 700W). My challenge is finding a single slot card, as I am using the PCIe x 1 slot for a USB 3.0 card for my back up drive. From what everyone is saying, I am better off focusing on a card with DDR5 memory; even if it only has 1 GB memory.


ah! i just looked at a bunch of 7770/90s and no go on a single slot, sorry. you'd be happy with one.



Yep, cursed with a MB that only has one PCI-e x 16 slot, one PCI-e x 1 slot, and two PCI slots. As the song says "can't always get what you want." :no: 

Thanks for trying though.
m
0
l
!