Solved

Lowest CPU with out bottle necking the GPU 770

I am building my first gaming PC and I am trying to use it to play all of the games I like to play, like Battlefield 3 and eventually Battlefield 4, along with arma 3 and minecraft, etc. The thing is, I want to play them on 1080 ultra. I heard the evga gtx 770 2gb gfx card is a card I would need to play Battlefield 4 on 1080 ultra with good fps. What is the lowest Intel CPU I could use without bottle necking the performance of the gfx card. I was thinking that I would need a 4th gen i7, but I am not sure if a 4th gen i5 could do good too. Thanks
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about lowest cpu bottle necking gpu 770
  1. the best cheapest option equal to i5 4670k/3570k is 8350 and u cud go with 7970 which has equal perfrmnce to 770 but a significantly cheaper price than the 770
  2. Sn1992-1361850 said:
    the best cheapest option equal to i5 4670k/3570k is 8350 and u cud go with 7970 which has equal perfrmnce to 770 but a significantly cheaper price than the 770


    The lowest and the cheapest Intel Core i5 processor that will handle GeForce GTX 770 well is Intel Core i5-3350P
    The lowest and the cheapest AMD FX processor that will handle GeForce GTX 770 well is AMD FX-6300
    Hope it helped, pick whichever solution is right for you.
  3. a 6300 will bottleneck fr sure a gtx 770
  4. thats not right 6300 is going to btlleneck a gtx 770
  5. bf4 firstly is a cpu extensive game so a 6300 and 3350p both will not be able to handle it so i suggested 8350
  6. Okay, I think I am going to go on the Intel side anyways. The Intel processors posted are correct though, right? I might go a little high too depending on the money I have, but I just want to know what can handle it with out bottle necking.
  7. if u wanna go with intel go with 3570k/4670k for a ultra setting on bf4
  8. Alright, iwill probably pick the 4670k so I can possibly upgrade the processor to a higher 4th gen intel processor in the future if needed.
  9. Jesse Kemmerling said:
    Okay, I think I am going to go on the Intel side anyways. The Intel processors posted are correct though, right? I might go a little high too depending on the money I have, but I just want to know what can handle it with out bottle necking.


    Jesse Kemmerling said:
    Alright, iwill probably pick the 4670k so I can possibly upgrade the processor to a higher 4th gen intel processor in the future if needed.


    Definitely the i7-4770K because the extra four threads provided by Hyper-Threading will get used especially during multiplayer.

    If all you play is single player then the i5-4670K will be fine.
  10. Best answer
    yes thats a great choice get a 4670k+z87 mobo


    and this socket 1150 is the socket that would even support haswell refresh that is scheduled for next year


    dont frget to pick a solution
  11. ko888 said:
    Jesse Kemmerling said:
    Okay, I think I am going to go on the Intel side anyways. The Intel processors posted are correct though, right? I might go a little high too depending on the money I have, but I just want to know what can handle it with out bottle necking.


    Jesse Kemmerling said:
    Alright, iwill probably pick the 4670k so I can possibly upgrade the processor to a higher 4th gen intel processor in the future if needed.


    Definitely the i7-4770K because the extra four threads provided by Hyper-Threading will get used especially during multiplayer.

    If all you play is single player then the i5-4670K will be fine.


    I heard that the hyper threading doesn't do much for gaming, if anything it may slow it down a little bit, but I doubt that.
Ask a new question

Read More

Battlefield CPUs Components