7950 Won't POST?

dexter1027

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
So I realise the answer to this may be rather short, and that the gpu is just simply dead. But I'm waiting for a new one to arrive and I'm just wondering if I've missed out. He's the scenario:

Xfx 7950 DD
8gb corsair vengeance
Amd Fx8350
Cx750m corsair
Samsung 840 120gb

Temporary card - amd 5350 (lol)
Have I missed anything out?

Anyway here it is, happily playing bf3 one day, and PC goes dead on me. Like the system had gone offline while the fans and everything was still on, screen was as if it was dead. Now I've had this before and usually a restart boots up normally. Not this time. After agessss it would refuse to start up with the gpu in. It would not post. Meaning I cannot access bios or anything. Nada. When it powers on fans spin and nothing happens.

I can confirm that it is not the mobo pci slot as I have a different gpu atm, the psu is brand new and I have tested with another. It is not a driver conflict as I have attempted numerous installs and cleans and even resorted to a reformat. My question to any readers is this: is my card dead? Can it be revived?
Nothing happens leads me to think it is dead, but when it is in the 2nd pci slot, device manager recognises it but can't use it, in the 2nd slot on its own it still won't post either.
I'm yet to try flashing the bios somehow but I don't think it'll do much.
And yes power connections are fine.
Any ideas? BTW no warranty. They really f**********ked me up on that one, leading me to manually Fix my fan problem. It's possible it could have overheated? -Hot weather+bf3 on ultra? And I'm guilty in having a slight overclock.. But it had been running fine for the last few months.. So anyway, any ideas? Is it dead? Should I bury it now?