Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Building my own personal gaming computer for the very first time.

Tags:
  • Gaming
  • Computers
  • CPUs
  • Intel i5
  • Battlefield
Last response: in CPUs
Share
August 26, 2013 9:09:26 AM

Hello everyone. This is my first time building a gaming computer, since that alot of my friends moved to PC to play the upcoming battefield 4 I'd like to move with them as well so I'll be able to play with them. Anyhow, The main reason why im here is to ask some of you guys if these set up will let me play games that i want on a decent frame rate. I'd like to talk about mainly just the CPU itself & whats inside it. My processor would be this Intel Core i5-3470 Ivy Bridge 3.2GHz (3.6GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core, Motherboard : 95$ ASRock Z77 Pro3 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard , Memory: 65$ G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR , 52$ Seagate Barracuda 500 GB HDD SATA 6 Gb/s NCQ 16MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive ST500DM002 , Power Supply: 30$ Corsair CX500 V2 CMPSU-500CXV2 , Case: 39$ NZXT Technologies Source 210 Computer Case (White), Graphics Card/Video Card : 180$ Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 7850 2 GB GDDR5 DVI-I/HDMI/2x mini-Displayport PCI-Express 3.0 Graphic Card GV-R785OC-2GD. I already have an dvd laying around on my garage still in a working condition and the monitor as well and for the keyboard & mouse i have it too, I'd like to be able to play games at 60 to 40 frame rates in a medium or high settings (Not ultra) The Operating System that i want would be Windows 8 or 7 havent check how much that cost through online store. But my friend said it cost around 80 bucks. Now guys keep in mind that I'm not that educated on cpu stuffs. So please clarify it step by step why should i change or why should i follow what you guys suggested. Reason why i pick intel is because I've done a little bit of research on it. Most of the people said its quite good at it performance, rather than the amd fx-6300 oh and also do you guys think that i could record gameplays and such for this set up? My friend said hes using an intel core i-5 & for the video im not sure. But he said he never had any problem with it and he put his computer on some diffucult task such as streaming games while playing at the same time. So let me know what you guys think of my own set up and ANY suggestion would be perfectly fine , thats why im here for. :D  THANK A LOT! :D 

More about : building personal gaming computer time

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
a c 210 à CPUs
August 26, 2013 9:17:18 AM

Holy mountainous text wall batman!!!

WOW! You could format the post a little better...

If you're going to spend the money on a Z77 board, get a 3570k. If you don't want to overclock, then you can buy a H77 series board and be fine.

I would go with a 1 TB HDD for about $7 more.

The PSU you chose is somewhat minimal for your rig, and that's fine, but if you want to expand to better video cards later on, a higher wattage PSU would be better, like a 600W+ or so.

GPU looks good...for $180, you can probably get an entry 7870, which would be a step up. If you can afford a bit more, look at the HD 7870XT which is just a whisker shy of the 7950 and would really work out well for you. They're typically about $240-250 though.

Otherwise, looks pretty good.
Share
August 26, 2013 9:52:46 AM

8350rocks said:
Holy mountainous text wall batman!!!

WOW! You could format the post a little better...

If you're going to spend the money on a Z77 board, get a 3570k. If you don't want to overclock, then you can buy a H77 series board and be fine.

I would go with a 1 TB HDD for about $7 more.

The PSU you chose is somewhat minimal for your rig, and that's fine, but if you want to expand to better video cards later on, a higher wattage PSU would be better, like a 600W+ or so.

GPU looks good...for $180, you can probably get an entry 7870, which would be a step up. If you can afford a bit more, look at the HD 7870XT which is just a whisker shy of the 7950 and would really work out well for you. They're typically about $240-250 though.

Otherwise, looks pretty good.



First of all thank you for helping me & secondly I'm sorry, this is actually my first time posting a thread on a forum. Again i'm sorry. Anyway , I don't want to overclock so i'm gonna go with h77 series motherboard like this? (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...), Good suggestion about the 1 TB hard drive, I've search through online store and i find this (https://www.serversupply.com/products/part_search/pid_f...) for the hard drive. Whats wrong about my video card? Would it not let me able to play games such as battlefield 4 on a decent frame rate and on a high settings? I could possible get a better one if its a just a buck higher. Yeah, about the PSU thanks for the heads up. About your suggestion on changing my gpu to HD 7870XT , Uhm i'm actually on a cut budget so i cant probably afford adding too much bucks for a video card, do you think it can run games at 1080p at a decent amout of frame rate? hey, thanks again for helping me. Any other suggestion would be fine as long as the price range is not getting higher.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
a c 813 à CPUs
August 26, 2013 9:58:33 AM

What is total budget for this system and what parts do you need, and do you need Windows?
m
0
l
August 26, 2013 10:03:03 AM

logainofhades said:
What is total budget for this system and what parts do you need, and do you need Windows?


Probably around 600 usd. No i do not. I already have windows 7 64bit os.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 210 à CPUs
August 26, 2013 10:26:03 AM

Wesley Wes said:
logainofhades said:
What is total budget for this system and what parts do you need, and do you need Windows?


Probably around 600 usd. No i do not. I already have windows 7 64bit os.


7850 is a good midrange card, but it won't play BF4 on high probably...medium would do pretty well I would imagine.

The 7870 is a bit more "oomph" for a GPU.

This is the AMD hierarchy:
7990 > 7970 GHz > 7970 > 7950 OC > 7950 > 7870XT > 7870 GHz > 7870 > 7850 OC >7850 > 7790 OC > 7790 > 7770 GHz > 7770 > 7750 > 7730
m
0
l
August 26, 2013 10:44:20 AM

8350rocks said:
Wesley Wes said:
logainofhades said:
What is total budget for this system and what parts do you need, and do you need Windows?


Probably around 600 usd. No i do not. I already have windows 7 64bit os.


7850 is a good midrange card, but it won't play BF4 on high probably...medium would do pretty well I would imagine.

The 7870 is a bit more "oomph" for a GPU.

This is the AMD hierarchy:
7990 > 7970 GHz > 7970 > 7950 OC > 7950 > 7870XT > 7870 GHz > 7870 > 7850 OC >7850 > 7790 OC > 7790 > 7770 GHz > 7770 > 7750 > 7730



Okay then, since i got no choice. I'm going to change it to 7870 , i saw this one on newegg cost 185$ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


So this is what im going to build now.

Motherboard: ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP LGA 1155 Intel H77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...)

Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 Ivy Bridge 3.2GHz (3.6GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core
(http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Core-i5-3470-Ivy-Bridge-3...)

Storage:SEAGATE - BARRACUDA 1TB 7200RPM SATA-6GBPS 64MB BUFFER 3.5INCH FORM FACTOR INTERNAL HARD DISK DRIVE (ST1000DM003)
(https://www.serversupply.com/products/part_search/pid_f...)

Power Supply: Corsair CX500 V2 CMPSU-500CXV2
(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...)

Memory: G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...)

Case: NZXT Technologies Source 210 Computer Case (White)
(http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005869A16/?tag=pcpapi-20)

Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE 100354OC-2L Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 CrossFireX Support Video Card
(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...)

All good? Any more suggestion would be really appreciated. Thanks everyone for helping me in advanced. :D 
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 210 à CPUs
August 26, 2013 10:48:11 AM

That 7870 GHz Edition would be a good one for you...I think you'll like it quite well, the rest looks pretty good.
m
0
l
August 26, 2013 11:09:44 AM

Thanks 8359rocks for all your help. Any more suggestion would be fine. I can wait 1 more day before i buy the parts. I just want to make sure. Thanks again 8350rocks!
m
0
l
August 26, 2013 6:58:51 PM

BUMP! Anyone want to recommend other stuffs feel free to reply on one of my comments will be greatly appreciated.
m
0
l
!