Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

What secondary GPU should I buy with Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6670 1 GB DDR3?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 26, 2013 10:47:49 PM

Hey guys,

I wanted to enjoy the benefit of AMD CrossFireX support so I'm buying another alternate GPU to bridge both of them.
I have no idea of what to buy and my budget is Rs.5000.
August 26, 2013 11:55:45 PM

Why not just get a second 6670? If you crossfire both of them you will have the power of a 7770 maybe a little more. If you really are set on cross firing then go ahead. I dont recommend doing it with such low end cards though.
August 27, 2013 12:55:06 AM

Berrset1 said:
Why not just get a second 6670? If you crossfire both of them you will have the power of a 7770 maybe a little more. If you really are set on cross firing then go ahead. I dont recommend doing it with such low end cards though.


That's what I thought but I have budget issues. I wanted a medium-to-high performance GPU at a cheap price.
Related resources

Best solution

August 27, 2013 11:52:42 AM
Share

Here is another 6670 that's about 166 INR under your budget. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
August 27, 2013 10:54:56 PM

Bubun Karmakar said:
Berrset1 said:
Here is another 6670 that's about 166 INR under your budget. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


128 bit DDR3 and PCIe 2.1. It's cool.
Should I buy this with the Sapphire edition and bridge both of them? :) 


Yeah i think it would be a good choice with your budget.
August 27, 2013 11:15:07 PM

Berrset1 said:
Bubun Karmakar said:
Berrset1 said:
Here is another 6670 that's about 166 INR under your budget. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


128 bit DDR3 and PCIe 2.1. It's cool.
Should I buy this with the Sapphire edition and bridge both of them? :) 


Yeah i think it would be a good choice with your budget.


I heard a GDDR5 GPU has more efficient bandwidth and performance than a normal DDR3 GPU?
So, I changed my decision to this GPU, though I'm stuck between GTX 650 Gainward Edition and ATI/AMD Radeon HD 7770 Sapphire Edition.
http://www.flipkart.com/gainward-nvidia-geforce-gtx-650...
August 27, 2013 11:17:54 PM

Bubun Karmakar said:
Berrset1 said:
Bubun Karmakar said:
Berrset1 said:
Here is another 6670 that's about 166 INR under your budget. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


128 bit DDR3 and PCIe 2.1. It's cool.
Should I buy this with the Sapphire edition and bridge both of them? :) 


Yeah i think it would be a good choice with your budget.


I heard a GDDR5 GPU has more efficient bandwidth and performance than a normal DDR3 GPU?
So, I changed my decision to this GPU, though I'm stuck between GTX 650 Gainward Edition and ATI/AMD Radeon HD 7770 Sapphire Edition.
http://www.flipkart.com/gainward-nvidia-geforce-gtx-650...


Yes the GDDR5 is more efficient than a GDDR3. I personally use a Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 and i highly recommend it. I can play BF3 on high settings with it so im sure you could play most games on ultra if you chose the HD 7770.
August 27, 2013 11:18:41 PM

And since I'm buying a FX 8350, I can't decide which GPU should I go for, an ATI/AMD 7000 series or a GeForce GTX 600 series? A graphics expert from this site told me to switch the processor with Intel i5-3330 or an i3-3220.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/1781346/last-read
!