Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Wanting to run a triple monitor setup at 5760 x 1080 and have all games running smoothly at max

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 29, 2013 1:57:39 AM

Exactly what I said in the question.

I am very open to Crossfire/SLI - my price limit is undecided (please no trolls who recommend 4 way TITAN SLI), I just want to know a graphics card/s that will be able to run any game at max on a 5760 x 1080 display.

My specs are as follows:

CPU: Intel core i5 3570k

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16gb (2x8) DDR3

Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme6

PSU: Silverstone Strider plus 750W ST75F - P - (Open to changing IF necessary)

I think that is all you need but let me know if you want to know something else.

Appreciate the help guys
Cheers :) 
August 29, 2013 2:14:29 AM

it depends on what kind of games you want to max out.

i'm running 2way SLI GTX 760 on 5760*1080 and i'm pretty happy with the setup. it's cheap and can run most of the games high/max but it obviously won't max out crysis 3 e.g.
m
0
l
Related resources
August 31, 2013 10:30:57 PM

Thank you everyone for all of your replies!

I have been a little preoccupied, so I'm sorry for the kate response.

I was just wondering whether 2x 770 will outperform two 7970 ghz editions or am I just best to go for something like the TITAN to avoid driver issues.

And in relation to the above, are driver issues a big problem - I have heard that AMD have terrible drivers but that may be wrong.

I would also like to know how the 7990 will do and whether is will be able to run the triple monitor display more smoothly than a TITAN because there are a range of benchmarks but they seem dead even. Although in saying that, the 7990 is much cheaper but I dont know whether the fact that it is a dual GPU will affect the performance.

I also heard that the 780 is a beast of a card but seems too much out of my price range to SLI as it would end up being around $800 (I live in AUS). So should I go for one and then upgrade down the track or should I go for the 770 SLI or go for a dual GPU like the 690 and the 7990 or a powerful single GPU - the TITAN.

Thanks for taking the time to answer me!! I appreciate it so much :D 
m
0
l
August 31, 2013 11:24:51 PM

Crossfire is still having all kinds of issues, even with the frame pacing beta drivers. They don't support Eyefinity anyways, so forget about AMD for this setup. This includes the 7990, which is Crossfire on a single card.

Obviously the Titan is a strong card, but a 780 can be just as fast for much less.

Ultimately, of all the options you mention, 770 SLI will perform the best, and it may be worth getting the 4Gb versions.
m
0
l
August 31, 2013 11:56:20 PM

for u r kind of request I suggest go for gpu which have higher bandwidth and gpu ram for mine I go for 2x 7970 6gb sapphire edition it will run everything on ultra easily ur system become beast with those two of means u have 12gb gpu ram with 2x 7970 huh what u want more of it. it will eat any gpu like breakfast
m
0
l
September 1, 2013 12:08:51 AM

monu_08 said:
for u r kind of request I suggest go for gpu which have higher bandwidth and gpu ram for mine I go for 2x 7970 6gb sapphire edition it will run everything on ultra easily ur system become beast with those two of means u have 12gb gpu ram with 2x 7970 huh what u want more of it. it will eat any gpu like breakfast

Thats not how it works, and a Crossfire setup in this scenario would be crap. 6GB of RAM is unnecessary, Crysis 3 at ultra at 3x 1080p with 8x MSAA (which unless you have 3 way 780 isn't going to be playable) only just managed to fill up 3GB, at least from what I've tested. Crossfire/SLI do not double/triple/quadruple VRAM, the information is mirrored between the GPU's, so think of it like if you put two 7970's together you get 6GB but you double your usage, so its the same as 3GB.

The 13.8 do not fix Crossfire issues on more than one monitor, so given the OP's usage, AMD isn't really any good here.
m
0
l
September 1, 2013 12:16:40 AM

bystander said:
Crossfire is still having all kinds of issues, even with the frame pacing beta drivers. They don't support Eyefinity anyways, so forget about AMD for this setup. This includes the 7990, which is Crossfire on a single card.

Obviously the Titan is a strong card, but a 780 can be just as fast for much less.

Ultimately, of all the options you mention, 770 SLI will perform the best, and it may be worth getting the 4Gb versions.


Thanks so much for your quick reply, obviously we seem to have narrowed it down to either a 780 and a 770 and after some looking around the 780 has my attention. It can run far cry 3 on its own at a solid FPS of 35. Obviously that won't do what I need but is still impressive for one card. But then looking at the 770, as you mentioned I have seen one for $589 that has 4gb of VRAM and has great clock speeds. (http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=04G-P4-377...) It says that it is dual classified and I'm pretty new to all of this unfortunately so could you please explain that to me?

The 780 though I can get for $900 (http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=03G-P4-378...) and I am just wondering which will perform better in relation to bang for buck - as the 780 is very expensive - it is almost double the price!

So I am wondering whether it is worth the price jump?

The 770 looks like the card I may get at the moment simply because of the price but if there is something the 780 does that the 770 doesn't I will reconsider - just give me your thoughts.

Basically, my question is can either of these setups (in SLI) run games at extreme setting like Crysis 3 at ultra at 3x 1080p with 8x MSAA. Now I don't PLAN on having my graphics turned up this high all the time but I just want to know (curiosity).

Thanks for taking the time to read this!!!
m
0
l
September 1, 2013 1:14:04 AM

5760x1080, I've only got one 780 but Crysis 3 has near 100% SLI scaling so should give you a rough idea.

All ultra, 8x MSAA 10-20FPS
All ultra, 2x SMAA 25-35FPS
All ultra, no AA 25-35FPS

Really though, you wouldn't be using 8x MSAA ever, and Nvidia has terrible AA profiles for DX11 games, 8x and no AA look pretty much the same.
m
0
l
September 1, 2013 1:59:03 AM

cookybiscuit said:
5760x1080, I've only got one 780 but Crysis 3 has near 100% SLI scaling so should give you a rough idea.

All ultra, 8x MSAA 10-20FPS
All ultra, 2x SMAA 25-35FPS
All ultra, no AA 25-35FPS

Really though, you wouldn't be using 8x MSAA ever, and Nvidia has terrible AA profiles for DX11 games, 8x and no AA look pretty much the same.


Thanks so much for your reply, really helps to know that!

Do you think that 780 SLI would be able to run all games smoothly at max settings though - I mean with the exception of crysis - (although in saying that, with the MSAA turned off it can)? I will ask the same question at the start to see if people recommend the same thing, but 'Wanting to run a triple monitor setup at 5760 x 1080 and have all games running smoothly at max'

Cheers,
Matt :) 
m
0
l
September 2, 2013 12:33:38 AM

byogamingpc said:
An SLI GTX 780 SC http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CUIVSNS/ref=as_li_q... setup should be able to max all games short of max MSAA with no problems.


Thanks so much - you have been such a fantastic help to me :) 

For one last favour, could I ask what a good brand and model of monitors you would all recommend? Thanks all :D 
m
0
l
September 3, 2013 3:23:27 PM

Matthew Cameron said:
byogamingpc said:
An SLI GTX 780 SC http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CUIVSNS/ref=as_li_q... setup should be able to max all games short of max MSAA with no problems.


Thanks so much - you have been such a fantastic help to me :) 

For one last favour, could I ask what a good brand and model of monitors you would all recommend? Thanks all :D 


I would recommend ASUS but if you have a higher budget try BenQ.
m
0
l
November 28, 2013 7:39:52 PM

I'm running a single Asus Geforce GTX 780 Ti with no overclocking and I can play crysis 3 at 5760x1080 at max detail settings with absolutely no problems. have also played call of duty ghosts and battlefield 4 all the way through on max detail with no problems. 1 card costs $700 on newegg.
m
0
l
July 8, 2014 10:41:16 AM

I am going your route too, but how many FPS do you get on just one 780ti? Thank you

PsychoStick said:
I'm running a single Asus Geforce GTX 780 Ti with no overclocking and I can play crysis 3 at 5760x1080 at max detail settings with absolutely no problems. have also played call of duty ghosts and battlefield 4 all the way through on max detail with no problems. 1 card costs $700 on newegg.


m
0
l
July 8, 2014 10:43:49 AM

PCmasteRace said:
I am going your route too, but how many FPS do you get on just one 780ti? Thank you

PsychoStick said:
I'm running a single Asus Geforce GTX 780 Ti with no overclocking and I can play crysis 3 at 5760x1080 at max detail settings with absolutely no problems. have also played call of duty ghosts and battlefield 4 all the way through on max detail with no problems. 1 card costs $700 on newegg.




A lot of things have changed since this post was created. I'd advise making your own thread. It'll be less confusing.
m
0
l
!