Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Will AMD FX6300 work with motherboard asus M5A97 R2.0

Last response: in CPUs
Share
August 29, 2013 3:37:31 AM

Specs of the motherboard http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A97_R20/#specificati...
specs of the CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

please look at my other forum about if my all my parts are going to fit with eachother
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1783240/fit-wo...

More about : amd fx6300 work motherboard asus m5a97

August 29, 2013 3:49:29 AM

werner123 said:
Hi, yes that motherboard will be just fine and comes highly recommended, as for the rest, it's all good :) 


Thanks man :D :D :D :D  Soon I'm going to start my build, but i was a little confused some people said with other treads that you should update a bios or something? Do i have to do that?
m
0
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
a b À AMD
August 29, 2013 4:11:58 AM

Well.. that motherboard is fine if you are not overclocking. If you are overclocking then look for the non "LE" version. It should be better for overclocking purpose.
m
0
l
Related resources
August 29, 2013 9:41:28 AM

werner123 said:
Sangeet Khatri said:
Well.. that motherboard is fine if you are not overclocking. If you are overclocking then look for the non "LE" version. It should be better for overclocking purpose.


That board (Asus M5A97 R2.0) is the non LE version, and is a very capable board for overclocking.



and BTW do i have to buy something like a ethernet port for my motherboard or a port for my speakers for it to work???
m
0
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
a b À AMD
August 29, 2013 10:09:23 AM

werner123 said:
Sangeet Khatri said:
Well.. that motherboard is fine if you are not overclocking. If you are overclocking then look for the non "LE" version. It should be better for overclocking purpose.


That board (Asus M5A97 R2.0) is the non LE version, and is a very capable board for overclocking.



Yeah! Sorry, my bad! Go for that board. It is a good board. Sorry for the slight confusion there, happens very rarely.
m
0
l
August 29, 2013 11:10:04 AM


Yeah! Sorry, my bad! Go for that board. It is a good board. Sorry for the slight confusion there, happens very rarely.[/quotemsg]

and BTW do i have to buy something like a ethernet port for my motherboard or a port for my speakers for it to work? please answer
m
0
l
a c 210 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
a b À AMD
August 29, 2013 11:24:31 AM

DaTrolls said:

Quote:
Yeah! Sorry, my bad! Go for that board. It is a good board. Sorry for the slight confusion there, happens very rarely.


and BTW do i have to buy something like a ethernet port for my motherboard or a port for my speakers for it to work? please answer


No, it comes with onboard Ethernet/NIC and audio. The only situation you would need to add for internet would be if you intend to use wifi, at which point you would need to get a USB wifi adapter.
m
0
l
August 29, 2013 11:51:40 AM

8350rocks said:
DaTrolls said:

Quote:
Yeah! Sorry, my bad! Go for that board. It is a good board. Sorry for the slight confusion there, happens very rarely.


and BTW do i have to buy something like a ethernet port for my motherboard or a port for my speakers for it to work? please answer


No, it comes with onboard Ethernet/NIC and audio. The only situation you would need to add for internet would be if you intend to use wifi, at which point you would need to get a USB wifi adapter.


Really thanks for the answer helped me alot i still got 2 questions
I assume that the motherboard has a cable that goes from the motherboard to the front usb right?

and can you click on my link and look if all my partswill work with eachother and if it will fit?
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1783240/fit-wo...
m
0
l
a c 210 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
a b À AMD
August 29, 2013 12:06:29 PM

DaTrolls said:
8350rocks said:
DaTrolls said:

Quote:
Yeah! Sorry, my bad! Go for that board. It is a good board. Sorry for the slight confusion there, happens very rarely.


and BTW do i have to buy something like a ethernet port for my motherboard or a port for my speakers for it to work? please answer


No, it comes with onboard Ethernet/NIC and audio. The only situation you would need to add for internet would be if you intend to use wifi, at which point you would need to get a USB wifi adapter.


Really thanks for the answer helped me alot i still got 2 questions
I assume that the motherboard has a cable that goes from the motherboard to the front usb right?

and can you click on my link and look if all my partswill work with eachother and if it will fit?
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1783240/fit-wo...


You can check for parts compatability @ pcpartpicker uk. just google that and it comes up.

Usually the case has the cables that run from the USB header to the board. My case had the USB header cable in it for both the 3.0 and 2.0 ports.
m
0
l
August 29, 2013 12:08:37 PM

8350rocks said:
DaTrolls said:
8350rocks said:
DaTrolls said:

Quote:
Yeah! Sorry, my bad! Go for that board. It is a good board. Sorry for the slight confusion there, happens very rarely.


and BTW do i have to buy something like a ethernet port for my motherboard or a port for my speakers for it to work? please answer


No, it comes with onboard Ethernet/NIC and audio. The only situation you would need to add for internet would be if you intend to use wifi, at which point you would need to get a USB wifi adapter.


Really thanks for the answer helped me alot i still got 2 questions
I assume that the motherboard has a cable that goes from the motherboard to the front usb right?

and can you click on my link and look if all my partswill work with eachother and if it will fit?
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1783240/fit-wo...


You can check for parts compatability @ pcpartpicker uk. just google that and it comes up.

Usually the case has the cables that run from the USB header to the board. My case had the USB header cable in it for both the 3.0 and 2.0 ports.


thanks so if it isn't included I assume you can order it from the internet il
m
0
l
August 29, 2013 12:17:32 PM

8350rocks said:
DaTrolls said:
8350rocks said:
DaTrolls said:

Quote:
Yeah! Sorry, my bad! Go for that board. It is a good board. Sorry for the slight confusion there, happens very rarely.


and BTW do i have to buy something like a ethernet port for my motherboard or a port for my speakers for it to work? please answer


No, it comes with onboard Ethernet/NIC and audio. The only situation you would need to add for internet would be if you intend to use wifi, at which point you would need to get a USB wifi adapter.


Really thanks for the answer helped me alot i still got 2 questions
I assume that the motherboard has a cable that goes from the motherboard to the front usb right?

and can you click on my link and look if all my partswill work with eachother and if it will fit?
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1783240/fit-wo...


You can check for parts compatability @ pcpartpicker uk. just google that and it comes up.

Usually the case has the cables that run from the USB header to the board. My case had the USB header cable in it for both the 3.0 and 2.0 ports.


I just tried the pcpartpicker and he said this what does this mean ? btw thanks for all the support you just gave me :D 
Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard has an onboard USB 3.0 header, but the Thermaltake VL80001W2Z ATX Mid Tower Case does not have front panel USB 3.0 ports.
m
0
l
a c 210 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
a b À AMD
August 29, 2013 12:19:56 PM

DaTrolls said:
8350rocks said:
DaTrolls said:
8350rocks said:
DaTrolls said:

Quote:
Yeah! Sorry, my bad! Go for that board. It is a good board. Sorry for the slight confusion there, happens very rarely.


and BTW do i have to buy something like a ethernet port for my motherboard or a port for my speakers for it to work? please answer


No, it comes with onboard Ethernet/NIC and audio. The only situation you would need to add for internet would be if you intend to use wifi, at which point you would need to get a USB wifi adapter.


Really thanks for the answer helped me alot i still got 2 questions
I assume that the motherboard has a cable that goes from the motherboard to the front usb right?

and can you click on my link and look if all my partswill work with eachother and if it will fit?
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1783240/fit-wo...


You can check for parts compatability @ pcpartpicker uk. just google that and it comes up.

Usually the case has the cables that run from the USB header to the board. My case had the USB header cable in it for both the 3.0 and 2.0 ports.


I just tried the pcpartpicker and he said this what does this mean ? btw thanks for all the support you just gave me :D 
Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard has an onboard USB 3.0 header, but the Thermaltake VL80001W2Z ATX Mid Tower Case does not have front panel USB 3.0 ports.


Means your case doesn't have USB 3.0 ports in front, but the board does support a USB 3.0 header. If you want the USB 3.0 ports in front, you need a different case. You don't *have* to have them, it's not an issue, though if you want them, that case doesn't have them.
m
0
l
!