Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Need help finding wireless surround sound

Tags:
  • Wireless
  • Home Theatre
Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
August 29, 2013 11:15:50 AM

Hey all as the tittle says I need help finding a home theater surround system that is wireless. I'm trying to find it for a friend who has no electronic knowledge (I have limited sound knowledge). So far I've had trouble finding a wireless system, all I could find were wireless speakers without an amp to drive them. I know that it would be best to get a wired system and it would also probably be cheaper, but money really isn't an option (1000-2000 i guess).

Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks. Also sorry if this ins't in the right forum, I wasn't sure where it needed to go.

More about : finding wireless surround sound

August 29, 2013 5:07:34 PM

hang-the-9 said:
Do a web search for surround sound wireless system. You'll find quite a few. http://www.bing.com/shopping/search?q=surround+sound+wi...

Most will list things like "rear wireless speakers". I don't think I have seen any with ALL wireless, only the rear sets.

Thanks for the reply, but I've done this and all I'm not having any luck finding anything. I was wondering if anyone could just suggest a wireless system.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b F Wireless
August 30, 2013 11:16:16 AM

Cody Horton said:
hang-the-9 said:
Do a web search for surround sound wireless system. You'll find quite a few. http://www.bing.com/shopping/search?q=surround+sound+wi...

Most will list things like "rear wireless speakers". I don't think I have seen any with ALL wireless, only the rear sets.

Thanks for the reply, but I've done this and all I'm not having any luck finding anything. I was wondering if anyone could just suggest a wireless system.


There are at least 10 different system to pick from in that link alone, why the hard time finding something? Keep in mind many of those all in one systems usually come with a DVD or BluRay player as well, it's not just an amp with speakers. To actually pick something you'd have to know what is wanted, 5.1, 7.1, big speakers OK or not, etc...
m
0
l
August 30, 2013 1:57:40 PM

hang-the-9 said:
Cody Horton said:
hang-the-9 said:
Do a web search for surround sound wireless system. You'll find quite a few. http://www.bing.com/shopping/search?q=surround+sound+wi...

Most will list things like "rear wireless speakers". I don't think I have seen any with ALL wireless, only the rear sets.

Thanks for the reply, but I've done this and all I'm not having any luck finding anything. I was wondering if anyone could just suggest a wireless system.


There are at least 10 different system to pick from in that link alone, why the hard time finding something? Keep in mind many of those all in one systems usually come with a DVD or BluRay player as well, it's not just an amp with speakers. To actually pick something you'd have to know what is wanted, 5.1, 7.1, big speakers OK or not, etc...

Okay they would probably want 7.1 since moneys no problem and its fine if it has a Blueray player. They would be able to plug all their inputs into that right? (digital hdmi etc.) Also another question in order for a speaker to work it has to have power so how could they be wireless, would the speakers use batteries thanks.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b F Wireless
September 3, 2013 9:20:58 AM

Cody Horton said:
hang-the-9 said:
Cody Horton said:
hang-the-9 said:
Do a web search for surround sound wireless system. You'll find quite a few. http://www.bing.com/shopping/search?q=surround+sound+wi...

Most will list things like "rear wireless speakers". I don't think I have seen any with ALL wireless, only the rear sets.

Thanks for the reply, but I've done this and all I'm not having any luck finding anything. I was wondering if anyone could just suggest a wireless system.


There are at least 10 different system to pick from in that link alone, why the hard time finding something? Keep in mind many of those all in one systems usually come with a DVD or BluRay player as well, it's not just an amp with speakers. To actually pick something you'd have to know what is wanted, 5.1, 7.1, big speakers OK or not, etc...

Okay they would probably want 7.1 since moneys no problem and its fine if it has a Blueray player. They would be able to plug all their inputs into that right? (digital hdmi etc.) Also another question in order for a speaker to work it has to have power so how could they be wireless, would the speakers use batteries thanks.


Yes, either batteries or plugged into wall power.

So it seems there are no 7.1 wireless speaker systems that I could find. A good sound system shop may know of some.

This LG 5.1 system looks good http://www.amazon.com/LG-BH9230BW-Blu-ray-Wireless-Spea...

There is really not much difference with 7.1 or 5.1 systems. as far as how they sound.
Share
September 3, 2013 1:26:17 PM

hang-the-9 said:
Cody Horton said:
hang-the-9 said:
Cody Horton said:
hang-the-9 said:
Do a web search for surround sound wireless system. You'll find quite a few. http://www.bing.com/shopping/search?q=surround+sound+wi...

Most will list things like "rear wireless speakers". I don't think I have seen any with ALL wireless, only the rear sets.

Thanks for the reply, but I've done this and all I'm not having any luck finding anything. I was wondering if anyone could just suggest a wireless system.


There are at least 10 different system to pick from in that link alone, why the hard time finding something? Keep in mind many of those all in one systems usually come with a DVD or BluRay player as well, it's not just an amp with speakers. To actually pick something you'd have to know what is wanted, 5.1, 7.1, big speakers OK or not, etc...

Okay they would probably want 7.1 since moneys no problem and its fine if it has a Blueray player. They would be able to plug all their inputs into that right? (digital hdmi etc.) Also another question in order for a speaker to work it has to have power so how could they be wireless, would the speakers use batteries thanks.


Yes, either batteries or plugged into wall power.

So it seems there are no 7.1 wireless speaker systems that I could find. A good sound system shop may know of some.

This LG 5.1 system looks good http://www.amazon.com/LG-BH9230BW-Blu-ray-Wireless-Spea...

There is really not much difference with 7.1 or 5.1 systems. as far as how they sound.

Okay thanks for all your help I'll probably go with that I'll look into a little more, I still wish they would get a wired system but it's not my decision. Thanks again
m
0
l
!