HD 7750 turned HD 7770?? HELP!!

Gfought

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013
Has anyone every heard of a gpu being detected as something other than what it is? My sapphire HD 7750 1gb gddr5 is showing up as a 7770, which normally wouldn't be a big deal, But Its messing with the dual graphics.

system
A10-6800k
GA-F2A85X-UP4
Kingston Hyperx 1600 2 x 8 16g
sapphire hd 7750 igb gddr5
850w psu
the only thing i can think is the card went bad? idk
I'm pretty new to the whole pc building.

was working fine, But I updated Bios, "bad idea" windows wouldnt load, so i re-installed windows and instead of doing the install like i should of, "like a noob" i skipped the original drivers for apu & gpu, went strait to beta 13.8 "yet another bad decision" i deleted drivers and manual installed catalyst 13.4 drivers. it showed up as a 8670 & 8670 dual graphics in devices manager. but catalyst didn't recognize them as compatible
so i stared over. cleared cmos, just to be safe, re re-installed windows, started with the original drivers, first the on board 8670, and then 7750, and it worked. But is showing up as 7770, itll go into dual graphics but its not working like it was, before i would get average 100 fps "dfuw only thing i really have as a comparison to the before and after issue" where now i'm getting around 50 in dual mode, and 60 with the narcissistic 7750

Solution

Actually, it's not just something you should 'try'. The profiles are necessary for the driver/GPUs to handle CF in most games. Without the profiles, some (most?) games may not recognize CF and just run off one GPU.
http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/crossfirex-app-profiles.aspx

Also, you may want to try one more thing. Uninstall the driver and profiles once again and run Driver Sweeper from safe mode. Have it remove any remnants of old Nvidia, AMD, and ATI graphic drivers it can find in the registry that may be conflicting. Then re-boot and install the latest driver and profiles again.
http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4266-driver-sweeper.html

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
While the HD 7750 is not recommended by AMD for use in dual graphics, some people have had good luck getting them to work together using the 13.x drivers because the 7750 is basically a re-branded 6670 with higher clocks. Is your video cable connected to the card and not the MB?

Gfought

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013

I have tried both way just for shits and giggles, its working right now in dual graphics using 13.2 drivers, "actually catalyst is picking it up as crossfire x and not dual graphics" but its showing up as a 7770, and i'm not achieving the kind of speeds i was,
pretty fed up with amd's crossfire. think im gonna do what EVERYONE suggest and just go get a dedicated card,

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
That's the issue I had with my one venture into dual graphics awhile back. I had an A10-5800K, 1886MHZ memory, and a DDR3 HD 6670. Some games showed a pretty good increase, most did not. Did you remember to download the AMD Catalyst™ Application Profiles?

Gfought

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013

Ya i tried a little of everything, nothing seems to get it back to the way it was, it reacts different depending on the drivers i pair with the apu & gpu, it seams to work the best with the stock drivers and just the card, so until monday when i send this pos card back, this will have to do

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Actually, it's not just something you should 'try'. The profiles are necessary for the driver/GPUs to handle CF in most games. Without the profiles, some (most?) games may not recognize CF and just run off one GPU.
http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/crossfirex-app-profiles.aspx

Also, you may want to try one more thing. Uninstall the driver and profiles once again and run Driver Sweeper from safe mode. Have it remove any remnants of old Nvidia, AMD, and ATI graphic drivers it can find in the registry that may be conflicting. Then re-boot and install the latest driver and profiles again.
http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4266-driver-sweeper.html

Solution

Gfought

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013
i always put the cap on after installing new drivers, and fresh every time, but not in safe mode, and it wasnt drive sweeper, something similar i found on here pertaining to this exact problem. but ill give it another try, I'm not real worried about it i just ordered the 7770, I'm gonna send this one back tuesday, "maybe down the road ill get another 7770 to crossfire with, idk. those reviews weren't all that great either" the 7770 was the same price, & free game. think i read something like the 7770 running 20% faster than the 7750, which is basiclly what im stuck at right now since the dual grphics is not working