Solved

New graphics card now or wait ?

I'm looking in to buy a new graphic card with my new set up and i'm looking at the Geforce GTX Titan but is it worth it? i'm looking for something that will last a few years ahead, but i'm not sure if there will be something new released in the near future ?

I have a 1200 w PSU now so i think it will be able to run it.

Thanks in advance !
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about graphics card wait
  1. Titan's not really a good buy, way overpriced for its performance, Get a 780 instead, or wait a couple months for the release of new AMD cards. You should probably wait to see pricing and benchmarks of those before making ANY decisions.
  2. what are ur other specs ?

    I recommend you do gtx 780 SLI [ maybe EVGA Hyfro Copper ]
    its will last longer !
  3. I will be buying a i7 - 4770k Processor
    ASUS Z87-PLUS, Socket-1150 motherboard
    and i have
    geforce 670 gtx 2 gb
    12 gb ram
  4. Best answer
    Yeah, that 670 is going to last you a while, waiting two months couldn't hurt, worst case scenario you buy $1400 of Hydro Copper cards and the new AMD cards blow it out of the water (heh see what I did there), best case you just buy 780's a couple months later. There's not really any point in not waiting.
  5. The Indomitable said:
    Yeah, that 670 is going to last you a while, waiting two months couldn't hurt, worst case scenario you buy $1400 of Hydro Copper cards and the new AMD cards blow it out of the water (heh see what I did there), best case you just buy 780's a couple months later. There's not really any point in not waiting.


    Alright i'll just wait then, it's not that big of a deal yet, cheers for the quick answers!

    (indeed i see what you did there ;) )
  6. Sven Skretting said:
    I will be buying a i7 - 4770k Processor
    ASUS Z87-PLUS, Socket-1150 motherboard
    and i have
    geforce 670 gtx 2 gb
    12 gb ram


    get Gigabyte GA- Z87X-OC board or Maximus VI Formula board
  7. The Indomitable said:
    Yeah, that 670 is going to last you a while, waiting two months couldn't hurt, worst case scenario you buy $1400 of Hydro Copper cards and the new AMD cards blow it out of the water (heh see what I did there), best case you just buy 780's a couple months later. There's not really any point in not waiting.


    +1^
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Geforce Graphics