Solved

urgent! how to do first boot ? when i tried , it says recquired cd/dvd driver is missing ?

i have powered on and after selecting dvd burner as first priority drive i inserted the windows 7 disk and pressed a key

it started loading files and after getting into installation wizard

its saying now

A required cd/dvd driver is missing .If you have a driver floppy disk ,cd,dvd or usb flash drive please insert it now .

when i pressed ok .. another message says

no device drivers were found . make sure the installation media contains the correct drivers and then click ok

what should i do now ?

note : i never inserted driver cd of motherboard or dvd burner

somebody reply or an i atleast cancel the installation process now ? or will it cause any damage if i cancel installation process now ?
20 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about urgent boot recquired dvd driver missing
  1. What motherboard? What SATA ports using for connecting the DVD drive and HDD? What is the SATA setting in BIOS, IDE or AHCI?
  2. Best answer
    I had this exact issue last week helping a friend with his install. Going over in a few hours to try again.
    BIOS was not in AHCI...everything else seemed to be correct.

    Possible issues/solutions:
    Bad burn on the DVD. Solution - burn at a much slower speed.
    Try using a USB instead of DVD.
    If using a USB, try a different USB port.
  3. alexoiu said:
    What motherboard? What SATA ports using for connecting the DVD drive and HDD? What is the SATA setting in BIOS, IDE or AHCI?


    first it was IDE now changed to AHCI .. Sata 3 for Hard drive and sata 2 for dvd burner
  4. USAFRet said:
    I had this exact issue last week helping a friend with his install. Going over in a few hours to try again.
    BIOS was not in AHCI...everything else seemed to be correct.

    Possible issues/solutions:
    Bad burn on the DVD. Solution - burn at a much slower speed.
    Try using a USB instead of DVD.
    If using a USB, try a different USB port.


    changed IDE to AHCI now .. going to boot again using the same DVD ... waiting for any other recommendations
  5. What's the board's model?
  6. alexoiu said:
    What's the board's model?


    intel b75 chipset
    Board : gigabyte GA B75M D3H
  7. OK. Try connecting the HDD to a SATA 2 port, set SATA to IDE and test again.
    It might be a SATA cable issue, that's why I suggested connecting the HDD to a SATA 2 port.
    No loss for HDDs if connected to SATA 2 ports (mechanical limitations).
  8. alexoiu said:
    OK. Try connecting the HDD to a SATA 2 port, set SATA to IDE and test again.
    It might be a SATA cable issue, that's why I suggested connecting the HDD to a SATA 2 port.
    No loss for HDDs if connected to SATA 2 ports (mechanical limitations).


    its not even detecting DVD now ,, it says reboot and select proper boot device again and again
  9. if i try restarting with having disc inserted , while booting up it says

    press anykey to boot from cd or dvd , and if i pressed , there is a blank screen for minutes nothing happens
  10. Test a different SATA cable for the DVD drive (if available) or a different DVD drive. If not possible, make a bootable USB drive (google for an utility), copy the Windows files from the DVD to the USB drive (use a laptop) and try installing from USB.
  11. alexoiu said:
    Test a different SATA cable for the DVD drive (if available) or a different DVD drive. If not possible, make a bootable USB drive (google for an utility), copy the Windows files from the DVD to the USB drive (use a laptop) and try installing from USB.


    do i have to open iso file and copy files to Pen drive or do i have to copy iso file itself into usb drive
  12. alexoiu said:
    Test a different SATA cable for the DVD drive (if available) or a different DVD drive. If not possible, make a bootable USB drive (google for an utility), copy the Windows files from the DVD to the USB drive (use a laptop) and try installing from USB.


    no option available to select USB as boot device in BIOS
  13. what is happening ? i made usb boot drive and when i rebooted the pc automatically started to load windows files and thereby i am guided to win 7 installation wizard ... and i have created partition and proceeded next .then it started to install after sometime it restarted (i guess) and again it came up with installation wizard from beginning ,,
  14. Unplug the USB drive after loading the files (when preparing for restart), or at restart enter BIOS and select the HDD as the bootable device.
  15. hari2202 said:
    what is happening ? i made usb boot drive and when i rebooted the pc automatically started to load windows files and thereby i am guided to win 7 installation wizard ... and i have created partition and proceeded next .then it started to install after sometime it restarted (i guess) and again it came up with installation wizard from beginning ,,




    alexoiu said:
    Unplug the USB drive after loading the files (when preparing for restart), or at restart enter BIOS and select the HDD as the bootable device.


    i thought so .. Ok now again installation window popped up after restarting , what can i do now ? remove usb and press restart ? or anything else ?
  16. Yes, remove USB and restart.
  17. alexoiu said:
    Unplug the USB drive after loading the files (when preparing for restart), or at restart enter BIOS and select the HDD as the bootable device.


    alexoiu said:
    Yes, remove USB and restart.


    did that . installed 7 thanks for help ,, k now should i update all the drivers that came up with mobo , dvd burner , monitor .
  18. Yes, install the drivers and update Windows.
  19. alexoiu said:
    Yes, install the drivers and update Windows.


    its new pc and the screen is 20 inch .. everthing looks huge

    i mean .. if i press the start menu , it opens up to half size of screen .. is there anything i can do about it
  20. Install the graphics driver.
Ask a new question

Read More

DVD CD-Rom How To Boot Windows 7