Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

im thinking about building a PC , is this build good?

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 31, 2013 11:16:45 AM

AMD FX-6300 Vishera 3.5GHz CPU
MSI 970A-G43 AM3 motherboard
gtx 660 ti
i want to knnow if my motherbaord will bottlneck my gpu because it doesnt have pci 3.0 but the graphics does
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
August 31, 2013 11:30:38 AM

Your motherboard will not be the limiting factor. Honestly the difference between PCI-E 2.0 and 3.0 in games is insignificant. Just make sure you have good cooling on your CPU if you want to overclock it.
m
0
l
August 31, 2013 11:48:55 AM

megamanx00 said:
Your motherboard will not be the limiting factor. Honestly the difference between PCI-E 2.0 and 3.0 in games is insignificant. Just make sure you have good cooling on your CPU if you want to overclock it.


i do not plan on overclocking im not a fan of it (no pun intended) but money is a factor, what heat sink do you reccomend? the 660 ti is going to be overclocked

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

theres the graphics i plan on getting
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 100 À AMD
a c 161 à CPUs
a c 154 V Motherboard
August 31, 2013 12:41:17 PM

The stock CPU heat sink is perfectly fine if you do not plan to overclock.

For the same price as that GPU get a gtx760 instead for sure.
m
0
l
August 31, 2013 12:45:24 PM

tiny voices said:
The stock CPU heat sink is perfectly fine if you do not plan to overclock.

For the same price as that GPU get a gtx760 instead for sure.


ok thanks ill swap the 660 for the 770 , but one quick question i want my build to have a red motherboard ive found the perfect one but its blue and it will look stupid with my build
m
0
l
a c 100 À AMD
a c 161 à CPUs
a c 154 V Motherboard
August 31, 2013 12:48:19 PM

Honestly in you are going to get a worse motherboard because of what color is it, you have your priorities all messed up.
m
0
l
August 31, 2013 12:52:59 PM

tiny voices said:
Honestly in you are going to get a worse motherboard because of what color is it, you have your priorities all messed up.

I just wanted to know if there was a way to get teh same motherboard in red.
m
0
l
a c 100 À AMD
a c 161 à CPUs
a c 154 V Motherboard
August 31, 2013 12:57:06 PM

No. there is not. That motherboard is not good though. It has no heatsinks on the VRMs and is known to overheat and catch fire in some cases. Look at gigabyte and ASUS for good quality motherboards. Unfortunately neither will be red.
m
0
l
August 31, 2013 1:02:49 PM

tiny voices said:
No. there is not. That motherboard is not good though. It has no heatsinks on the VRMs and is known to overheat and catch fire in some cases. Look at gigabyte and ASUS for good quality motherboards. Unfortunately neither will be red.


ok ill look , but do you have a reccomendation that isnt too pricey
m
0
l
August 31, 2013 1:45:12 PM

tiny voices said:
No. there is not. That motherboard is not good though. It has no heatsinks on the VRMs and is known to overheat and catch fire in some cases. Look at gigabyte and ASUS for good quality motherboards. Unfortunately neither will be red.


is an AM3+ socket the same as 1155 lga

m
0
l
a c 100 À AMD
a c 161 à CPUs
a c 154 V Motherboard
August 31, 2013 1:47:26 PM

No. AM3+ is AMD and lga1155 is intel.
m
0
l
August 31, 2013 1:49:38 PM

tiny voices said:
No. AM3+ is AMD and lga1155 is intel.




ok its hard to find motherboards that fit the CPU i want is there and equivalent CPU from intel ?
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 100 À AMD
a c 161 à CPUs
a c 154 V Motherboard
August 31, 2013 1:51:23 PM
Share
a c 100 À AMD
a c 161 à CPUs
a c 154 V Motherboard
August 31, 2013 3:19:30 PM

Make sure the PSu is from antec, xFX, Corsair, Seasonic
m
0
l
!