Gt 620 ok for gaming?

seetruskcaz

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013
I am buying an ultra low budget pc and want to know if a gt 620 gpu will work well to run games at medium to low settings. I want to play games from around 2011.

Laptoprocker

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013

As a matter of fact it's pretty good actually. You should only listen to the opinions of the people who actually has this GPU otherwise it's easy to just bash it because it's low-end.

The specs of my laptop: Intel i3-3110m 2,4Ghz, Nvidia gt620m 1gb VRAM, 6gb RAM.

I usually use 2xAA and 8xAF forced through the NVIDIA Panel, 1366x768 resolution is a must for me, and I played several recent games with the following fps:

Skyrim (with 200+mods) fully playable on High-Ultra custom settings, I get around 38-45fps in exteriors and 60+fps in interiors. I've seen a benchmark somewhere with my card that said 25-30 fps on low settings, well sucks for them.

Bioshock Infinite: I wasn't really monitoring fps but I easily played through the game with no stutter/choppyness on low detail (except light shafts and textures set to high) I'd guess I got around 38-40 fps throughout the game. (I'd say any Unreal engine game will play nicely with this card, like Alice in wonderland)

Dishonored+DLC's: I got 45-50 fps on high detail, played through the entire game with not a single stutter and it was highly responsive in fast paced situations.

The GT620 is a rebranded GT530. Apparently its close in performance to a GT430 Nvidia, which I have (I actually have the rare PCI model). It performs decently at 1280x1024 in most low-end games.

Without knowing what resolution or games OP is trying to play, it is hard to gauge how the performance is going to turn out. 1080p is usually assumed, which is why most of the people above said it would not be that great of a card. At lower resolutions though it would be fine for most games.

The thing is, the 6570 is about the same price, and is much faster for gaming than the GT620.

thismafiaguy

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2011
It should be a neat little card, but don't expect to play newer games at high settings with it. If you're willing to spend a bit more in the GPU(which is the most important component in a gaming PC), wait for the new R7 250 from AMD, and see how well it stacks up against the competition. It just might be a really good value for the money.

IRONBATMAN

Honorable

Isn't the GT 620 and the GT 620M different ?

G

Hi, I may seem little late on this subject, but I own an MSI Nvidia GeForce GT620 2GB GDDR3, I run a single core CPU AMD Athlon 64 3800+, Anyways the graphics card is a very good card. Now, DirectX 11 games? Maybe, but usually all your older games using DX9 even DX10 run very smooth. I play hunting games and i'm around 90+fps thats running a single core CPU, not bad huh? So yes. the GT620 is a very good card. As others mention, most new games that require a Core 2 Duo or better. If you don't have that then you will struggle to play it. Rule of thumb for me is determined on which version of DX game you're playing, new games like Crysis, or Halo even all newest 2012- and so forth on games using DX11. I hope this is an idea, by now you may have gotten rid of the card or not really worried much about it. Basically it comes down to what you're using that GT620 for.