What I need:
- Very heavy bass, minimal distortion yet still skull rattling.
- Good build quality.
- Great mids, highs don't really matter to me, I want to hear the singer and the bass.
- USB connection, be it via sound card or whatever, my headphone jack is broken
- Shorter cord with extension when I need it, don't need more than 3-4 feet, 1.2 meter is good but kind of pushing it.
- under $150, preferably $100 or under.
- prefer 50mm drivers, but 40mm are fine.
- Great EQ, this is very important.
- Great drivers, this is also very important.
I will mostly be playing MMO games and listening to music, so it really should be audio quality focused. I've tried Razer carcharias, they are not even close to enough, I also have Creative tactic 3d rage but they don't have the bass I'm looking for. Something like Turtle Beach's px21 from 2 years ago would be what I'm looking for, but without the mile long cord and over 1 lb weight.
Thanks in advanced for taking the time to look at my thread and or help me with this.
honestly if your focus truly is audio quality, you're way better off avoiding USB. even if your jack is broken, invest in a cheap soundcard and get an analog headset. analog audio will almost always outperform usb and offer a much cleaner, more polished sound.
the ATH-M50 is a great midrange model. they're at the top of your budget, but absolutely worth it. excellent soundstage and low impedance so they'll work with mobile devices too.
if you wanna go a bit cheaper, steelseries makes an excellent pair. very bass-heavy.. not muddied either like other sub$75 models.