Solved

Good gaming PC build?

Hello, I want to make a good gaming PC computer and I have some parts in mind but I want to make sure I am making the right choice before I go spend money. I want a PC that will be able to run all games on max settings with anything above 40 fps. My PC specs now are:
AMD A8 5500k
AMD Radeon 7850
8 GB RAM (stock ram)
Cheap 550W PSU
I am pretty sure that's all that matters. Anyways my PC can run most games on max setting but struggles on highly populated servers. (Planetside 2)
I believe that my CPU holds back my GPU's full capability. The PC I wanted to build was:
1.) ASUS P8Z77-V LX LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
2.) Intel Core i5-3570K Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz
3.) 8 GB RAM
I need help figuring out the right PSU and GPU. I can't go with a Nvidia GTX 780 because I cannot afford that. My max price on a GPU would be around $300. Perhaps a Amd radeon 7970? If I did get that and a PSU for it would that setup run all games on max settings and get anything over 40 fps?
Thank you.
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about good gaming build
  1. Best answer
    Sure 7970 and i5 3570k is a very good gaming rig and run almost all games max at 1080p. For psu get a corsair CX600 watt, never buy a cheap psu it will shorten the life of ur graphics card. U can see the performance of 7970 in different games here

    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_760/8.html
  2. Raheel Hasan said:
    Sure 7970 and i5 3570k is a very good gaming rig and run almost all games max at 1080p. For psu get a corsair CX600 watt, never buy a cheap psu it will shorten the life of ur graphics card. U can see the performance of 7970 in different games here

    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_760/8.html

    I didn't know the 600w had enough 6 pin connectors to power the 7970?
  3. Yes cx600 will work with 7970, it has 2x6+2 pcie connecctors.
  4. Raheel Hasan said:
    Yes cx600 will work with 7970, it has 2x6+2 pcie connecctors.


    Okay thank you for helping out. I really appreciate it. Any recommendations on a case?
  5. Raheel Hasan said:


    Will the AMD Radeon Sapphire 7970: http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-DL-DVI-I-SL-DVI-D-PCI-Express-11197-03-40G/dp/B009B6Y01Y/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=10DQQBWINEI30&coliid=I371R1CVJFMAGY
    fit in all of these cases? I was looking at the CM HAF 912 but it seems the GPU won't fit into that case. Yes, I am looking for a case around >$100
  6. Yes they can fit 7970. If u want coolermaster take a look at these two cases

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119197

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119240

    These two can fit any card and have excellent cooling. They have removable hdd cage to make extra room for graphics card
  7. Raheel Hasan said:
    Yes they can fit 7970. If u want coolermaster take a look at these two cases

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119197

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119240

    These two can fit any card and have excellent cooling. They have removable hdd cage to make extra room for graphics card


    Okay, thanks for helping I think I've decided on the corsair carbide 500R.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming CPUs