Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

SAPPHIRE 100352-3L Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card

Tags:
  • Build
  • Sapphire
  • Graphics
  • Graphics Cards
  • HD
  • Radeon
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
September 2, 2013 6:11:38 PM

Will this card work with this build or should I use the asus gtx 760 instead:

CPU Intel i5-4670k $240
MOBO Asus z87-Pro $200
RAM Corsair Vengeance 8 GB $80
HHD Western Digital Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM $70
Cooler Cooler Maser Hyper 212 EVO $40
Case Corsair 400R $100
PSU Corsair Enthusiast Series 650W $110
Optical Drive Asus Black 18X CD and DVD-ROM $20
Operating System Windows 8 (OEM) $110

Thank you for your time! :) 

More about : sapphire 100352 radeon 7950 3gb video card

September 2, 2013 6:16:09 PM

Will you be overclocking or not? You should get the 7950ghz with the 7970 PCB because you can overclock that thing greatly.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
September 2, 2013 6:22:45 PM

The GTX 760 is the newer, faster card... but it is also more expensive. Here is a chart that I found helpful when I purchased my last video card.

m
0
l
Related resources
September 2, 2013 6:25:26 PM

The Indomitable said:
Will you be overclocking or not? You should get the 7950ghz with the 7970 PCB because you can overclock that thing greatly.


I probably won't be overclocking, but thank you for the info! :) 
m
0
l
September 2, 2013 6:26:57 PM

Zero Cool said:
The GTX 760 is the newer, faster card... but it is also more expensive. Here is a chart that I found helpful when I purchased my last video card.



Thank is a really helpful graph!! So which one would you go with? Also, what is the difference between the EVGA Gtx 760 and the other Gtx 760?
m
0
l
September 2, 2013 6:39:30 PM

I only asked because 7950 overclocks very well and
A) Is better than a 660Ti
B) Can be overclocked past the 760
m
0
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
September 2, 2013 7:07:18 PM

Jannis said:
Zero Cool said:
The GTX 760 is the newer, faster card... but it is also more expensive. Here is a chart that I found helpful when I purchased my last video card.



Thank is a really helpful graph!! So which one would you go with?


I went with the MSI GTX 760. I have always liked Nvidia and the MSI Twin Frozr cooling system is awesome! At stock clocks it never gets above 60c and with the dual 92mm fans it is completely quiet.

Mine also overclocked to 1295Mhz without a voltage increase and still runs under 70c during Furmark and Heaven benchmarks. I know you wont be overclocking whichever card you decide to buy but for me that was an important factor.

In the end, I chose the GTX 760 over the 7950 because it is a better performing card, it is much newer (the 7950 is over a year and half old) and after my 6950 I don't think I would ever go back to AMD (drivers/software). For me those things were worth the extra cost!
Share
a b U Graphics card
September 2, 2013 7:15:15 PM

I have a Sapphire Hd 7950 Crossfire in one of my rigs and really like it. It has all the performance I could ever really need in a GPU.

I am not really a fanboy of either Nvidia or AMD I like them both. If I were going for Nvidia I would get a GTX 670 or GTX 770 though. As for AMD/ATI I would get a Sapphire Hd 7950 or Hd 7970.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
September 2, 2013 7:22:20 PM

bryonhowley said:
I have a Sapphire Hd 7950 Crossfire in one of my rigs and really like it. It has all the performance I could ever really need in a GPU.

I am not really a fanboy of either Nvidia or AMD I like them both. If I were going for Nvidia I would get a GTX 670 or GTX 770 though. As for AMD/ATI I would get a Sapphire Hd 7950 or Hd 7970.


The GTX 760 is essentially the same GPU as the GTX 670 but costs $80-$100 less.
m
0
l
November 3, 2013 3:45:14 PM

Zero Cool said:
bryonhowley said:
I have a Sapphire Hd 7950 Crossfire in one of my rigs and really like it. It has all the performance I could ever really need in a GPU.

I am not really a fanboy of either Nvidia or AMD I like them both. If I were going for Nvidia I would get a GTX 670 or GTX 770 though. As for AMD/ATI I would get a Sapphire Hd 7950 or Hd 7970.


The GTX 760 is essentially the same GPU as the GTX 670 but costs $80-$100 less.


I actually got the Asus GTX 760 and it ran everything I have thrown at at 60+ fps. It runs quietly and I think its a great investment, even with the R9 series being out.
m
0
l
!