Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Is "VGA 2 GB Geforce GTX 650 TI GIGABYTE (DDR5)" compatible with " ASUS G41 + Dual core processor"??

Tags:
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
September 2, 2013 8:36:00 PM

I gonna buy this card for games
VGA 2 GB Geforce GTX 650 TI GIGABYTE (DDR5)

I want to be sure this Vcard will run on my system which is ( ASUS G41 with Processor Dual core E 5700)
I don't wanna waste money for nothing so i wanna know your suggestions !!
Thanks so much

More about : vga geforce gtx 650 gigabyte ddr5 compatible asus g41 dual core processor

September 2, 2013 8:49:12 PM

As long as the board has the needed PCI-E slot and power supply to match it should work fine.

I am not 100% sure you need 2GB of video memory for that system, but it will not hurt anything(assuming you are on a semi modern OS like Vista/7/8 64 bit preferably).
m
0
l
September 2, 2013 9:06:12 PM

nukemaster said:
As long as the board has the needed PCI-E slot and power supply to match it should work fine.

I am not 100% sure you need 2GB of video memory for that system, but it will not hurt anything(assuming you are on a semi modern OS like Vista/7/8 64 bit preferably).


Some guys told me that this vcard won't run properly with my Dual Core processor because they don't match with each other, even my mobo is a bit old, so it affects badly with any high vcard like so. Are they right??
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

September 2, 2013 9:12:31 PM

I have a P35(surly if my OLDER board works, your g41 will) board in the corner collecting lots of dust.

If you can wait until the morning, I will stick my 650 ti(may use a gtx 670 because it is more easy to get to, either way they are based on the same core and both are "pci-e 3.0" cards) in that board and check for you(It is currently in an H55 system) :) 

The cpu will have no effect for sure. Your cpu due to its age will only effect that performance(the card needs a faster cpu to fully use all its resources) and not the ability to use the card.
Share
September 2, 2013 9:13:56 PM



yassomy said:
nukemaster said:
As long as the board has the needed PCI-E slot and power supply to match it should work fine.

I am not 100% sure you need 2GB of video memory for that system, but it will not hurt anything(assuming you are on a semi modern OS like Vista/7/8 64 bit preferably).


Some guys told me that this vcard won't run properly with my Dual Core processor because they don't match with each other, even my mobo is a bit old, so it affects badly with any high vcard like so. Are they right??



nukemaster is right,g41 board has the pci express 2.0 port,so you can use this gpu card,but i think there is a slight bottle neck with this cpu,but it isn't effect that much

m
0
l
September 2, 2013 9:55:35 PM

nukemaster said:
I have a P35(surly if my OLDER board works, your g41 will) board in the corner collecting lots of dust.

If you can wait until the morning, I will stick my 650 ti(may use a gtx 670 because it is more easy to get to, either way they are based on the same core and both are "pci-e 3.0" cards) in that board and check for you(It is currently in an H55 system) :) 

The cpu will have no effect for sure. Your cpu due to its age will only effect that performance(the card needs a faster cpu to fully use all its resources) and not the ability to use the card.


Thank you for this information, I'm not good in this stuff :) 
m
0
l
September 2, 2013 10:07:09 PM

csmuthukuda said:


yassomy said:
nukemaster said:
As long as the board has the needed PCI-E slot and power supply to match it should work fine.

I am not 100% sure you need 2GB of video memory for that system, but it will not hurt anything(assuming you are on a semi modern OS like Vista/7/8 64 bit preferably).


Some guys told me that this vcard won't run properly with my Dual Core processor because they don't match with each other, even my mobo is a bit old, so it affects badly with any high vcard like so. Are they right??



nukemaster is right,g41 board has the pci express 2.0 port,so you can use this gpu card,but i think there is a slight bottle neck with this cpu,but it isn't effect that much



Is this bottleneck gonna affect in my system to make unable to run games for example? or games run slowly, please explain it to me..Many thanks
m
0
l
September 2, 2013 10:11:29 PM

no,this means that you cant get the full power of the gpu,bz your cpu hold back the gpu,but according to your setup it wont be a problem that much,
m
0
l
September 2, 2013 10:12:45 PM

There will be some bottlenecking but that should not be a problem really. The only question I would have is what GPU are you upgrading from?
m
0
l
September 2, 2013 10:24:37 PM

The G41 based boards have PCI-E 1.1 but it works fine with all PCI-E version cards.
Your CPU will bottleneck to some extent though.
m
0
l
September 3, 2013 6:58:07 AM

GTX 670 on a P35 board :) . I was going to get the 650 ti, but it is rather well stuck in my SFF system(its like a puzzle to remove it) that is also the NAS for all my other systems(they do not even have local storage aside from ssds. desktop/documents/videos/pictures/ect are ALL on the other system).

Look at all that dust.
m
0
l
September 3, 2013 9:07:38 AM

nukemaster said:
GTX 670 on a P35 board :) . I was going to get the 650 ti, but it is rather well stuck in my SFF system(its like a puzzle to remove it) that is also the NAS for all my other systems(they do not even have local storage aside from ssds. desktop/documents/videos/pictures/ect are ALL on the other system).

Look at all that dust.


I really appreciate your help and concern :) 
Nuke, you'r awesome . Thanks a lot
m
0
l
September 3, 2013 10:32:56 PM

nukemaster said:
GTX 670 on a P35 board :) . I was going to get the 650 ti, but it is rather well stuck in my SFF system(its like a puzzle to remove it) that is also the NAS for all my other systems(they do not even have local storage aside from ssds. desktop/documents/videos/pictures/ect are ALL on the other system).

Look at all that dust.



you have a nice rig,unlike mine

m
0
l
September 25, 2013 1:37:06 AM

nukemaster said:
GTX 670 on a P35 board :) . I was going to get the 650 ti, but it is rather well stuck in my SFF system(its like a puzzle to remove it) that is also the NAS for all my other systems(they do not even have local storage aside from ssds. desktop/documents/videos/pictures/ect are ALL on the other system).


Thanks Nukemaster!
Have been googling on the same matter, stumbled upon this thread.
Just to be totally sure:
What MB is yours P35 (or it makes no difference)?
I'm having a MSI p35 platinum (really old) and I believe it has only PCI-E 1.0.
I've heard that some vendors add further PCI-E support in BIOS updates, but that's not my case.
m
0
l
September 25, 2013 6:40:55 AM

My board was a gigabyte P35-DS3R.

I do not remember what bios version it is(its just a system standing by in case someone needs it), but it is surely not a newer board either.
m
0
l
!