Solved

Random lag spikes in every game. Need help ASAP.

I've recently been getting random lag spikes in every single game I play. Did a full system scan with AVG, did a full cleanup with ccleaner, also did a repair in console with chkdsk /r. Restarted multiple times, also unplugged every cable from the motherboard. Unplugged HDD cables, and am still getting the spikes. Help needed.

Update: Have looked through every single thread along these guidelines. Nothing has worked. Help would be appreciated sooner rather than later. Thanks.
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about random lag spikes game asap
  1. Tell us your build.
  2. Kurifox said:
    Tell us your build.


    ------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 4/25/2013, 22:06:23
    Machine name: JACK-PC
    Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: MSI
    System Model: MS-7309
    BIOS: Default System BIOS
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 5000 Dual-Core Processor (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
    Memory: 2048MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 2048MB RAM
    Page File: 1988MB used, 2106MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

    ------------
    DxDiag Notes
    ------------
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.

    --------------------
    DirectX Debug Levels
    --------------------
    Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
    DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

    ---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce 9500 GT
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0640&SUBSYS_133E1462&REV_A1
    Display Memory: 1267 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 499 MB
    Shared Memory: 767 MB
    Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (59Hz)
    Monitor Name: Gateway HX2000
    Monitor Model: HX2000
    Monitor Id: GWY00CC
    Native Mode: 1600 x 900(p) (59.946Hz)
    Output Type: DVI
    Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll,nvwgf2um.dll
    Driver File Version: 9.18.0013.1422 (English)
    Driver Version: 9.18.13.1422
    DDI Version: 10
    Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 3/15/2013 01:46:27, 15042928 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp:
    Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4500-11CF-5C72-33331CC2C435}
    Vendor ID: 0x10DE
    Device ID: 0x0640
    SubSys ID: 0x133E1462
    Revision ID: 0x00A1
    Driver Strong Name: oem22.inf:NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTx86.6.1:Section011:9.18.13.1422:pci\ven_10de&dev_0640
    Rank Of Driver: 00E02001
    Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeVC1_C ModeWMV9_C
  3. This is kind aof an old build, what games are you trying to run?
    Are you maxing them out, or what settings do you play?
    Do the lag issues become and immediate issue, or does it happen after a few hours of play?
    Have you recently cleaned everything? Your fans and cooler
    Does this happen if you stand still in a game (sometimes the mouse frequency (hz) messes up the frame rates).
    Are you sure your GPU hasent gone bad?
    Or your ram.
  4. Kurifox said:
    This is kind aof an old build, what games are you trying to run?
    Are you maxing them out, or what settings do you play?
    Do the lag issues become and immediate issue, or does it happen after a few hours of play?
    Have you recently cleaned everything? Your fans and cooler
    Does this happen if you stand still in a game (sometimes the mouse frequency (hz) messes up the frame rates).
    Are you sure your GPU hasent gone bad?
    Or your ram.


    It is old, but I've recently been playing Payday 2. It seems as if it started happening when I first played the beta in the beginning of August. I have it on mid-low settings, and at first, I didn't lag whatsoever. I can play with no log for about 5 minutes, then it'll lag for around 5 minutes. My fps will be around 30 and when the spikes start, it immediately drops to 0-2. I then tried to play TF2, same thing happened. I'd even get slight spikes on Minecraft.
  5. what antivirus are you using? if its avast then get rid of it, its a system hog and can cause random problems.
  6. mauller07 said:
    what antivirus are you using? if its avast then get rid of it, its a system hog and can cause random problems.


    I'm using AVG.
  7. It sounds to me like you just need a new system to game with. 2gb of ram is not enough 4gb is still pushing it (I know from experience). That is likely where your main problem is or at least that's what it sounds like to me. Due to the rest of your build though I would not put any money in it since it is quite old
  8. Best answer
    i would reinstall avg and see if that helps sort the problem, it could have become corrupt in an update.

    grab the latest installer fresh from their site.
  9. thdarkshadow said:
    It sounds to me like you just need a new system to game with. 2gb of ram is not enough 4gb is still pushing it (I know from experience). That is likely where your main problem is or at least that's what it sounds like to me. Due to the rest of your build though I would not put any money in it since it is quite old

    I'm just at a crossroads here because it just randomly started happening. I was having no problems at all one day, (didn't install or do anything to the computer) and the next day, BAM, lag spikes.
  10. also grab ccleaner and run the file cleaner and then the registry cleaner multiple times till it finds no errors.
Ask a new question

Read More

Video Games Lag Games Cable