Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

How will this CPU and GPU do together?

Last response: in Components
Share
September 3, 2013 12:24:30 PM

First off: this is my first post. It's also worth noting that this is my first time building a PC and although I'm picking everything up pretty fast I'm nowhere near an expert.

My question for the forum is will this CPU http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=AD3300OJBX&c=C... and this GPU http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... play well together? I'm talking about bottlenecking etc. I'm on a tight budget and I've been looking into upgrading to an AMD FX processor but the motherboard I had in mind for the A4-3300 isn't going to work for an FX because of the different socket type. I'm not going to be doing any video editing on this PC it's really just a budget gaming rig. So if I don't need a super amped up CPU I won't get one. Depending on what kind of answers I get my next question might be what is the best inexpensive AM3+ motherboard.

More about : cpu gpu

a b à CPUs
September 3, 2013 12:36:37 PM

The GPU you've chosen is a nice budget GPU that will perform nicely at lower resolutions (below 1080p) however I would not recommend getting an APU at all, especially the one you've chosen as it is the oldest generation APU you will not be able to play games at all apart from indie games etc.. I would strongly recommend saving up more money and buying the cheapest fx chip you can afford because then you will at least be able to play demanding games with it
m
0
l

Best solution

September 3, 2013 1:16:50 PM

Well,
Go for FX 4100 with a Gigabye GA-78LMT
7750 is a great card but try to get a 7770 if you can, it got the award for best entry level GPU under $100 by Tom's reviews
Share
Related resources
September 3, 2013 2:13:59 PM

DelightfulDucklings said:
The GPU you've chosen is a nice budget GPU that will perform nicely at lower resolutions (below 1080p) however I would not recommend getting an APU at all, especially the one you've chosen as it is the oldest generation APU you will not be able to play games at all apart from indie games etc.. I would strongly recommend saving up more money and buying the cheapest fx chip you can afford because then you will at least be able to play demanding games with it

Ok! Thanks. rattlehead who responded as well gave me a suggestion on an FX chip so I'll check that out.
m
0
l
September 3, 2013 2:16:40 PM

rattlehead2112 said:
Well,
Go for FX 4100 with a Gigabye GA-78LMT
7750 is a great card but try to get a 7770 if you can, it got the award for best entry level GPU under $100 by Tom's reviews
I'll check them out. Thanks.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
September 3, 2013 2:20:10 PM

Yeah the chip that he/she suggested is the cheapest fx chip you can get and would work well with the GPU you chose
m
0
l
September 3, 2013 2:25:58 PM

rattlehead2112 said:
Well,
Go for FX 4100 with a Gigabye GA-78LMT
7750 is a great card but try to get a 7770 if you can, it got the award for best entry level GPU under $100 by Tom's reviews
I forgot to ask, do you have any suggestions on whose 7770 to get?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
September 3, 2013 2:48:49 PM

Sapphire make excellence card, I would strongly recommend getting a sapphire 7770, given you can afford it. Prioritise getting a better CPU into your budget before you get a better GPU
m
0
l
September 3, 2013 2:56:08 PM

DelightfulDucklings said:
Sapphire make excellence card, I would strongly recommend getting a sapphire 7770, given you can afford it. Prioritise getting a better CPU into your budget before you get a better GPU

Yep the GPU is going to be an upgrade a few weeks after I get the build together. I'll look up the sapphire. I'm going to post my new parts list as well now that I've got these sugestions.

m
0
l
a b à CPUs
September 3, 2013 3:11:08 PM

That seems like a nice balanced build, if possible get 8gb of ram just purely because it's a cheap upgrade but it's not a biggie and could be done at a later date. Also if you ever plan to upgrade your GPU further you will need a bigger power supply but that's up to you
m
0
l
September 3, 2013 3:25:39 PM

DelightfulDucklings said:
That seems like a nice balanced build, if possible get 8gb of ram just purely because it's a cheap upgrade but it's not a biggie and could be done at a later date. Also if you ever plan to upgrade your GPU further you will need a bigger power supply but that's up to you

Thanks! The build isn't entirely mine, I used a cheaper $300 build from Lifehacker as a framework to get me going. And I'm definitely going to get some ram (hopefully max it out with 16GB) as my second upgrade after I get the GPU. As for the power supply upgrading that isn't a matter of unplug one thing, remove it and slot the new one in but I'll do it if I need to.
Thanks again for the help.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
September 3, 2013 3:41:50 PM

No problem, that's what this forums for :)  Remember to close the thread if your done :p 
m
0
l
September 3, 2013 6:05:21 PM

DelightfulDucklings said:
No problem, that's what this forums for :)  Remember to close the thread if your done :p 
By close the thread you mean mark as solved right?

m
0
l
a b à CPUs
September 3, 2013 6:29:10 PM

Yea, you just have to pick a solution
m
0
l
September 3, 2013 7:08:33 PM

You might want to consider the Athlon X4 750K. Tom's Hardware recommended it this month as their entry-level gaming CPU. It's enough to feed the 7850 and more than enough for the 7770. Great choice by the way. It's one of the best bang-for-buck GPUs you can get along with the 7790.

I have to nitpick your RAM decision. You're wasting money trying to save money. Your plan is to get 2x2 GB sticks now and upgrade later. If I were you, I would buy a 4 GB stick now and another when you can. You'll take a small performance hit until you get your 2nd stick so you can run in dual channel but it's negligible. 8 GB gives you breathing room. 16 GB is overkill.
m
0
l
September 4, 2013 4:28:34 AM

knightmike said:
You might want to consider the Athlon X4 750K. Tom's Hardware recommended it this month as their entry-level gaming CPU. It's enough to feed the 7850 and more than enough for the 7770. Great choice by the way. It's one of the best bang-for-buck GPUs you can get along with the 7790.

I have to nitpick your RAM decision. You're wasting money trying to save money. Your plan is to get 2x2 GB sticks now and upgrade later. If I were you, I would buy a 4 GB stick now and another when you can. You'll take a small performance hit until you get your 2nd stick so you can run in dual channel but it's negligible. 8 GB gives you breathing room. 16 GB is overkill.

I see what you're saying there about the RAM. Makes sense. I hadn't thought much about the RAM since I took it from a similar build and it's not a super personal preference type part. I'll go look for a 4gb stick and also take a closer look at the Athlon.
Thanks for the suggestions.
m
0
l
!