Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

$1300 gaming pc build

Last response: in Systems
Share
September 4, 2013 4:35:58 PM

I have a Max of $1300 to build a gaming pc, I will be building it in a few months (Around Christmas) so feel free to go over a little over the budget if you know the prices will drop. I want the build to focus mainly on gaming.

Games I want to be able to play
Arma 2,3
Planetside 2
Guild wars 2
crysis 2,3
Dead space 1,2,3
GTA IV
GTA V
and many free roaming games.

Thank you guys for your help!

More about : 1300 gaming build

a b 4 Gaming
September 4, 2013 4:43:22 PM

Come back in 3 months, there will be new parts out. Nothing that we are going to recommend you now is going to be the same on December.
September 4, 2013 4:49:21 PM

If you are looking for good parts, then I gotcha, 4670k, 770, (or 760, if you want to focus on the CPU or RAM, your call) 8/16 (agian, your call) if you want to add a 120gb SSD, feel free to do so, definitely go for a 1tb HDD, Case, I would go for something from NZXT or Corsair, CPU cooler MAYBE a Hyper 212 EVO, or something from cooler master, whichever fits your budget. The motherboard, perhaps one of those MSI motherboards? Or the Asus Maximus Hero, that one is an awesome motherboard. Little more expensive, but here are the parts. Oh, one last thing, the power supply you should pick is whoever has a bronze (or gold/platinum, again, your call) certified power supply around 6-650 (600 will do you fine, 650 incase you need to expand.) and the company you trust the most. (e.x, Corsair, Antec, etc.)

4670k - http://www.amazon.com/Intel-i5-4670K-Quad-Core-Desktop-...
770/760 - 770 http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GDDR5-2GB-WINDFORCE-Grap... ----- 760 http://www.amazon.com/MSI-N760-TF-2GD5-OC/dp/B00DIH8OW8...

(Pick your RAM, based on brand and price. 8/16 gigs will do you just fine.)
SSD (Same as RAM, whichever company you trust the most and have had the best experience with)
HDD Western Digital Caviar Blue - http://www.amazon.com/WD-Blue-Desktop-Hard-Drive/dp/B00...
MSI Mobo --- http://www.amazon.com/MSI-Motherboard-Motherboards-Z87-...
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
September 4, 2013 4:50:16 PM

Seladon said:
Come back in 3 months, there will be new parts out. Nothing that we are going to recommend you now is going to be the same on December.


+1 to this, I'm waiting for Ivy Bridge-E which is coming on Sept.10th to build my 3rd gaming PC, for myself this time, not for my friends or uncle. (2 for each of my friends, and 1 for my uncle)

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
September 4, 2013 4:55:10 PM
Share

The new parts will be 790, Titan Ultra, Ivy Bridge-E (which I'm waiting for) which are extremely high-end parts, so heres a build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1A36v

EDIT: You can upgrade to a 790 or a Titan Ultra in the future if you feel the 770 isn't enough, but those usually cost around $1000
September 4, 2013 5:00:16 PM

iNova said:
The new parts will be 790, Titan Ultra, Ivy Bridge-E (which I'm waiting for) which are extremely high-end parts, so heres a build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1A36v

EDIT: You can upgrade to a 790 or a Titan Ultra in the future if you feel the 770 isn't enough, but those usually cost around $1000

Yeah I will just make a new post in December, the GTX 780 will probably be cheaper by then or one of the new AMD cards coming out
a b 4 Gaming
September 4, 2013 5:00:28 PM

Gee thanks! Note I forgot to add the OS. Windows 7 Home Premium is the OS you'll want to choose
a b 4 Gaming
September 4, 2013 5:01:06 PM

Tizmiz said:
iNova said:
The new parts will be 790, Titan Ultra, Ivy Bridge-E (which I'm waiting for) which are extremely high-end parts, so heres a build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1A36v

EDIT: You can upgrade to a 790 or a Titan Ultra in the future if you feel the 770 isn't enough, but those usually cost around $1000

Yeah I will just make a new post in December, the GTX 780 will probably be cheaper by then or one of the new AMD cards coming out


+1
!