Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

New Motherboard, graphic cards and processor crashes on boot.

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
September 6, 2013 11:14:13 AM

Just bought a new new Motherboard, graphic cards and processor for my already existing desktop. So I thought I re install Windows on it but after the first time it reboots and starts the setup again I get a blue screen with text I can't follow for 1 or 2 seconds and my PC just restart and then it says it can't continue with the installation.

New hardware:
2x Sapphire HD 7870 GHz edition 2Gb
Asus P8 Z77-M Pro motherboard
Intel Core i7 2700K Boxed

With (older hardware):
Mastercooler 850W
2x 4Gb Corsair XMS3 1333 MHz
2x 2Gb Corsair CM3X2048-1333C9DHX
I have no clue what hard drives there are in there. But i hope that is not a problem to answering why this happens, because I have no clue why this happens while in the windows installation. In safe mode I get the same problem.

I hope someone can help me out!
Thank you.
September 6, 2013 11:20:28 AM

CMOS reset, remove one RAM. start from there
m
0
l
September 6, 2013 11:23:25 AM

MasterBios said:
CMOS reset, remove one RAM. start from there


Im still learning the ins and outs of computers, what do you mean by CMOS reset and just remove one of the RAM disks, does not matter which one?
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 141 V Motherboard
a c 193 U Graphics card
September 6, 2013 11:26:31 AM

That "Mastercooler 850W" ..."device" sounds suspiciously like a PSU-shaped object, sort of what is described here: http://forums.hardwaresecrets.com/cooler-power-gx850/16... . I would remove one of the HD7870s and try the installation. I'd probably also take out the 2x2GB of RAM, just so you have a maximum-stability single pair of RAM sticks. If it works, then re-add the other RAM, and/or test the RAM. I would not re-add the second graphics card unless I knew my PSU was good for the load.
m
0
l
September 6, 2013 11:29:32 AM

Onus said:
That "Mastercooler 850W" ..."device" sounds suspiciously like a PSU-shaped object, sort of what is described here: http://forums.hardwaresecrets.com/cooler-power-gx850/16... . I would remove one of the HD7870s and try the installation. I'd probably also take out the 2x2GB of RAM, just so you have a maximum-stability single pair of RAM sticks. If it works, then re-add the other RAM, and/or test the RAM. I would not re-add the second graphics card unless I knew my PSU was good for the load.


The cooler I bought 3 years ago for quite some money. But it is an official one and not a rip off if thats what your thinkin.

thx I try what you just said and will see if that works.
m
0
l
September 6, 2013 11:30:58 AM

Take the battery out of the motherboard the silver coin for few minutes put it back in and yes remove one anyone and make sure it is reseated firm.
m
0
l
a c 211 V Motherboard
a c 228 U Graphics card
September 6, 2013 11:42:01 AM

1. Most MoBos have a CMOS jumper that ya can use to clear CMOS .... if not there or doesn't work, yank batter for 20 minutes

2. Use 1 GFX card and 1 RAM modukle....open the manual, look at what slot the BIOS will be expecting it to be in.

3. Add the 2nd module.... do not add the 2 GB ones.... I expect this is where you are failing. Again, make sure they in right slots .... usually 2nd and 4th from PSU

4. If that works, then try the 2 GB in slots 1 and 3 (left to right from PSU)

5. If that works, try and GFX card
m
0
l
September 6, 2013 11:44:56 AM

Yeah, the 2 GPU's is too much load I'd suspect. Definitely some RAM issue's.
m
0
l
a c 141 V Motherboard
a c 193 U Graphics card
September 6, 2013 11:48:16 AM

Does the PSU say "CoolerMaster" on it, or is it "MasterCooler?" The former is a legitimate brand name, but sells many low-end and/or dishonestly labeled products; what specific model do you have? If it is a SilentPro 850W unit then it is good. If it's a Real Power, or "Extreme" anything then it isn't. Does it have any level of 80+ certification? The second name would likely indicate a counterfeit, and who knows what you have. In the absence of further information, remove stress on it by using only one of your graphics cards for the installation. If all runs well, then you can possibly add the second card.
m
0
l
September 6, 2013 12:02:16 PM

Onus said:
Does the PSU say "CoolerMaster" on it, or is it "MasterCooler?" The former is a legitimate brand name, but sells many low-end and/or dishonestly labeled products; what specific model do you have? If it is a SilentPro 850W unit then it is good. If it's a Real Power, or "Extreme" anything then it isn't. Does it have any level of 80+ certification? The second name would likely indicate a counterfeit, and who knows what you have. In the absence of further information, remove stress on it by using only one of your graphics cards for the installation. If all runs well, then you can possibly add the second card.


oke it says: Antec on top at the side with: Truepower Quattro and has a label with 80 plus Bronze on it.

here a picture from the inside:


Oops its an Antec! XD
http://i.imgur.com/UVwVEkY.jpg

WIth only my 8gb of RAM and one Graphics card and I got the batterie out and back in it still crashes.
m
0
l
September 6, 2013 12:10:13 PM

Remove your graphics card, and try to run it to see if it changes so we could rule out any problems.
m
0
l
September 6, 2013 12:14:35 PM

JackNaylorPE said:
1. Most MoBos have a CMOS jumper that ya can use to clear CMOS .... if not there or doesn't work, yank batter for 20 minutes

2. Use 1 GFX card and 1 RAM modukle....open the manual, look at what slot the BIOS will be expecting it to be in.

3. Add the 2nd module.... do not add the 2 GB ones.... I expect this is where you are failing. Again, make sure they in right slots .... usually 2nd and 4th from PSU

4. If that works, then try the 2 GB in slots 1 and 3 (left to right from PSU)

5. If that works, try and GFX card


I'm now trying to install windows on 1 module, its Expending Windows files now lets see if that works.

It can install windows without a GPU? If it does not work like the way above then ill try it without a GPU.
m
0
l
September 6, 2013 12:17:34 PM

Out of interest, do you connect the DVI to the GPU to you're monitor.
m
0
l
September 6, 2013 12:20:40 PM

MasterBios said:
Out of interest, do you connect the DVI to the GPU to you're monitor.


yes I do, I connect my monitor to my GPU but I can connect it to my Motherboard to

m
0
l
September 6, 2013 12:33:30 PM

Yes remove the GPU, connect to MOBO and let us know if this makes a difference.
m
0
l
September 6, 2013 12:38:47 PM

MasterBios said:
Yes remove the GPU, connect to MOBO and let us know if this makes a difference.


I think that is not needed anymore. I installed windows 7 Pro trying to connect to internet but even with the cabel in it it wont see it so im going to restart my computer.

Oke so the best order of installing anything else now is:
1. motherboard drivers and stuff with the CD I got with it?
2. Installing GPU drivers and Cataclist.
3. all the other antivirus and stuff
4. when all that is done can I put my second GPU and all the other modules or one for one?


Thanks everybody for helping me out
m
0
l
a c 211 V Motherboard
a c 228 U Graphics card
September 6, 2013 12:43:00 PM

After 3. Id go check all the installed drivers versus the latest ones on ya component manufacturers web sites and download / install any upgrades
m
0
l
September 6, 2013 12:44:00 PM

I wouldn't install antiviruses just yet as it could interfere with something in early stages. you will need to install the drivers. Good luck and enjoy!
m
0
l
September 6, 2013 12:56:02 PM

Oke I was installing my motherboard and BAM blue screen... :(  why ooh why :( 
m
0
l
September 6, 2013 1:07:02 PM

Faulty motherboard, clear signs I understand the frustration. how long have you had the mobo
m
0
l
September 6, 2013 1:13:07 PM

MasterBios said:
Faulty motherboard, clear signs I understand the frustration. how long have you had the mobo


Well its busy with installing all the stuff from the motherboard CD now no problems after that one blue screen but I got my GPU's and motherboard last Thursday and today my Processor. What hardware is the biggest cause of blue screens anyway?
m
0
l
September 6, 2013 1:16:31 PM

Ah, I would RMA the MOBO. because it could potentially cause problems. Just precaution to be on the safe side.
m
0
l
a c 141 V Motherboard
a c 193 U Graphics card
September 6, 2013 1:46:06 PM

Faulty RAM can cause blue screens.
That Antec is a nice PSU. I'm not sure where "MasterCooler" came from... It will have no trouble powering two of those cards, but in the interests of keeping things simple, I'd still only try just one first, until you get all the various drivers installed and working. If you can get it running stably, test your RAM to make sure it is good.
m
0
l
a c 211 V Motherboard
a c 228 U Graphics card
September 6, 2013 5:34:58 PM

If its a new motherboard, call tech support
m
0
l
September 7, 2013 1:55:46 AM

Oke so I always get a blue screen now when im trying to install Cataclist with drivers... for my GPU
m
0
l
a c 141 V Motherboard
a c 193 U Graphics card
September 7, 2013 7:52:35 AM

Test the RAM. You don't need to have graphics drivers loaded to do that.
Then since you said you have two of them, try the other graphics card.
m
0
l
September 7, 2013 8:55:46 AM

Onus said:
Test the RAM. You don't need to have graphics drivers loaded to do that.
Then since you said you have two of them, try the other graphics card.


Alright thanks but it is all good now with an other motherboard. I have learned some new stuff with this topic!
m
0
l
!