Solved

£400 Budget Gaming PC

I'm currently trying to build a £400 Budget Gaming PC that will be able to play Wildstar and Steam/Origin Games like TF2, L4D, CS:GO, The Sims 3 etc. so my question is will I be able to with the following parts:

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 750K
MOBO: MSI A75IA-E53 AMD A75 Chipset DDR3 Mini ITX Motherboard
GPU: MSI HD 7770 GHz Edition 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
RAM: TeamGroup Elite Black 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C11 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache
PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro Modular 2 520w '80 Plus Bronze' Modular Power Supply
Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced Mini-ITX Case

Thank you in advance

Dean Fry
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 400 budget gaming
  1. Looks like a a decent build, except for the PSU which is a very bad one. Just switch it to this one http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Power+Supplies/Non-Modular+650W+or+less/450W+XFX+Pro+Core+Edition+80PLUS+Bronze+Power+Supply+%5BP1-450S-X2B9%5D+?productId=53989&source=skinflint which should probably not cost much more, and enjoy your build !
  2. Seladon-1370374 said:
    Looks like a a decent build, except for the PSU which is a very bad one. Just switch it to this one http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Power+Supplies/Non-Modular+650W+or+less/450W+XFX+Pro+Core+Edition+80PLUS+Bronze+Power+Supply+%5BP1-450S-X2B9%5D+?productId=53989&source=skinflint which should probably not cost much more, and enjoy your build !


    So it'll be able to play Wildstar, TF2, L4D, CS:GO, The Sims 3 etc.?

    I need a modular power supply.
  3. Best answer
    The cheapest modular PSU that you could get would be this one : http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Power+Supplies/Modular+700-950W/750W+XFX+Pro+Black+Edition+80PLUS+Gold+Modular+Power+Supply+%5BP1-750B-BEFX%5D+?productId=54052&source=skinflint. It's out of your budget, sir.
    Aside from that, yes, you will be able to play those games with that build, for sure.
  4. Seladon-1370374 said:
    The cheapest modular PSU that you could get would be this one : http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Power+Supplies/Modular+700-950W/750W+XFX+Pro+Black+Edition+80PLUS+Gold+Modular+Power+Supply+%5BP1-750B-BEFX%5D+?productId=54052&source=skinflint. It's out of your budget, sir.
    Aside from that, yes, you will be able to play those games with that build, for sure.


    At what settings?

    Thank you for the choice.
  5. All of them with everything maxed at 1080p.
  6. Seladon-1370374 said:
    All of them with everything maxed at 1080p.


    Fantastic! What about Battlefield 3, Crysis etc.?
  7. Above 60 FPS on medium/high settings. 30 FPS on Ultra settings, on Battlefield 3.
  8. Seladon-1370374 said:
    Above 60 FPS on medium/high settings. 30 FPS on Ultra settings, on Battlefield 3.


    Thank you Seladon, you have been a huge help.
  9. No problem, I'm here for that, sir !
    Remember to pick your solution.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Build Systems