Solved

ASUS RAMPAGE IV GENE - new build and... dont work

Hello!
I'm new here, I read some topics, I tried some tricks but it dont work for me...

Okay, at first I buy some parts like coolermaster HAF 932 case, EVGA 1300w PSU and used motherboard ASUS RAMPAGE IV GENE also used proc i7 3930K I have also 4x 4gb GOOD RAM 1333 Mhz from my old build.

So I make this build and... when I power ON my PSU or press POWER button on the case nothing happens...

I'm bored this fact, I tried using 1 stick of RAM in different config
(also on C-1 slot via manual), I also tried plug off all components, nothing happens but... when I use my old PSU 620w yesterday mobo light on with red LED's! also POWER will work, all fans get runing - so I mount all components... at now I try EVGA 1300W (NEW PSU) - nothing happens - totally off, but when I try my old PSU (620w) only GO_LED was blinking...

anyone have any think how to do? I'm really pissed off because I try some configurations from last three days and I still can't play with my new build :(

I think the mobo is working, because yesterday I got red light on it, but someone fuc*** up and actually I have only red led from GO_LED and only on OLD PSU 620w.. but 1300w EVGA PSU is NEW and doesnt work, lol...

Please any help, Regards Thomas

PS. I tried also my new PSU EVGA 1300w on my old build MSI mobo and it worked so... I'm really bored of this fact... all works but dont works :/
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about asus rampage gene build dont work
  1. rejko said:
    Hello!
    I'm new here, I read some topics, I tried some tricks but it dont work for me...

    Okay, at first I buy some parts like coolermaster HAF 932 case, EVGA 1300w PSU and used motherboard ASUS RAMPAGE IV GENE also used proc i7 3930K I have also 4x 4gb GOOD RAM 1333 Mhz from my old build.

    So I make this build and... when I power ON my PSU or press POWER button on the case nothing happens...

    I'm bored this fact, I tried using 1 stick of RAM in different config
    (also on C-1 slot via manual), I also tried plug off all components, nothing happens but... when I use my old PSU 620w yesterday mobo light on with red LED's! also POWER will work, all fans get runing - so I mount all components... at now I try EVGA 1300W (NEW PSU) - nothing happens - totally off, but when I try my old PSU (620w) only GO_LED was blinking...

    anyone have any think how to do? I'm really pissed off because I try some configurations from last three days and I still can't play with my new build :(

    I think the mobo is working, because yesterday I got red light on it, but someone fuc*** up and actually I have only red led from GO_LED and only on OLD PSU 620w.. but 1300w EVGA PSU is NEW and doesnt work, lol...

    Please any help or I shoot yourself -.-, Regards Thomas



    Did you tryied to reset the bios? remove the battery,leave it like that for 2 mins and then put it back. Those MB have overclock profiles and maybe the guy you bought the MB from used a higher freq RAM. I had something similar with my sabertooth. And also check the connectors from your case if they are in the right position on your MB. the - is always white wire
  2. Hmm yes, I tried also BIOS reset by putting off battery, no results. But actually I think about this moment when my mobo starts working like lighting on red colour, and it was at this moment off from case... I think this is the key, because when I unmount it actually it's again working >.<

    There must be a outtage voltage from my case, I try to defend this with a tape. :P
  3. Best answer
    rejko said:
    Hmm yes, I tried also BIOS reset by putting off battery, no results. But actually I think about this moment when my mobo starts working like lighting on red colour, and it was at this moment off from case... I think this is the key, because when I unmount it actually it's again working >.<

    There must be a outtage voltage from my case, I try to defend this with a tape. :P



    Do you used the right spacings for the MB? ATX MB are all on same things,don't play with that,you can fry the MB or your proc.
  4. Yes, right spacing, my chasis suports M-ATX, ATX and other.
    Ok, now I get it worked with square of tape in all screw holes :)
    It works!

    anyway thank you buddy for help and fast reply, have a nice day, I give you best reply so it can be faster to close and like 'thanks' button for your help! :-)
  5. rejko said:
    Yes, right spacing, my chasis suports M-ATX, ATX and other.
    Ok, now I get it worked with square of tape in all screw holes :)
    It works!

    anyway thank you buddy for help and fast reply, have a nice day, I give you best reply so it can be faster to close and like 'thanks' button for your help! :-)


    Have a nice day too
  6. rejko said:
    Yes, right spacing, my chasis suports M-ATX, ATX and other.
    Ok, now I get it worked with square of tape in all screw holes :)
    It works!

    anyway thank you buddy for help and fast reply, have a nice day, I give you best reply so it can be faster to close and like 'thanks' button for your help! :-)


    Hello I have a similar problem, could you explain better what you did to solve?
    thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

dont work Rampage iv gene GO_LED Build Motherboards Asus red led