Will the 7850 come down in price?

Solution
Not because of the 8000 series, because that's just the 7000 series with a different number on. The 9000 series, well maybe, but I don't think there's much room left for the prices on the 7000 series to drop. The 9000 series should offer at least equally good performance per dollar, and at some point substantially more.
Not because of the 8000 series, because that's just the 7000 series with a different number on. The 9000 series, well maybe, but I don't think there's much room left for the prices on the 7000 series to drop. The 9000 series should offer at least equally good performance per dollar, and at some point substantially more.

Solution

"Will the 7850 come down in price?" was the title of this thread and that link is about the 7850 as was my post, why is it you seem to have a problem with anything I post about AMD cards?

Because it seems to be inaccurate. The article doesn't say what you're saying. The 7850 1 GB disappearing doesn't say anything at all about what will happen to the pricing of the 2 GB version, let alone the 7870 (which he was also inquiring about).

Where in this thread does the OP state 1GB or 2GB? All I can see is a question about the 7850 in general so please point out that defining sentence or post that rendered my own post inaccurate.

Well both the 1 and 2GB cards have been on back order at the site I use and the 7870's don't have the most expansive selection, for me that site is usually a fair indication of what's available as they don't tend to have huge stockpiles so if they don't have it in stock there may be issues and in this case it seems to point to EOL from what I can see.

EarnSomeRespect

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013

So they would chopped.... but would something more powerful take their place for the same price?

EarnSomeRespect

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013

So, they probably won't get chopped or....

I'm a little confused her guys.

Common sense says they will, there is only so much room on a FAB line and if you're ramping up for future production it makes sense that something has to go.