Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Fx 6300 Oc Guide?????

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
September 8, 2013 7:12:11 AM

Anyone know a good oc guide for the 6300

More about : 6300 guide

a c 152 K Overclocking
a c 850 à CPUs
September 8, 2013 7:18:05 AM

Not really since the easy way is to raise the CPU multiplier in BIOS.
m
0
l
Related resources
September 8, 2013 7:46:41 AM

rolli59 said:
Not really since the easy way is to raise the CPU multiplier in BIOS.


But I don't know how to do that
m
0
l
a c 152 K Overclocking
a c 850 à CPUs
September 8, 2013 7:49:09 AM

It is explained in your manual but the guide above from ifreestylin is fine
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
September 8, 2013 7:49:48 AM

Head over to the AMD Overclocking Club, if you ask nicely I'm sure someone will be happy to help you.

The basics are pretty much the same as AMD chips have been for a while. If you're going for a mild overclock, start out 100MHz-200MHz increases at a time. When under stress the system crashes, then you know you need just a little more voltage. Only touch the multiplier and vCore until you get an idea of what you're doing, too many variables in the mix make for tough troubleshooting.

But rule #1 is make sure you have adequate cooling, the stock cooler simply wont cut it.
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
September 8, 2013 8:02:10 AM

Mikmono317 said:
rolli59 said:
Not really since the easy way is to raise the CPU multiplier in BIOS.


But I don't know how to do that


Did you not see the link i post?
m
0
l
September 8, 2013 8:03:51 AM

ifreestylin said:
Mikmono317 said:
rolli59 said:
Not really since the easy way is to raise the CPU multiplier in BIOS.


But I don't know how to do that


Did you not see the link i post?


Sorry I didn't thank you ill read that
m
0
l
September 8, 2013 8:05:11 AM

stickg1 said:
Head over to the AMD Overclocking Club, if you ask nicely I'm sure someone will be happy to help you.

The basics are pretty much the same as AMD chips have been for a while. If you're going for a mild overclock, start out 100MHz-200MHz increases at a time. When under stress the system crashes, then you know you need just a little more voltage. Only touch the multiplier and vCore until you get an idea of what you're doing, too many variables in the mix make for tough troubleshooting.

But rule #1 is make sure you have adequate cooling, the stock cooler simply wont cut it.


Coolermaster hyper 212 evo and coolermaster haf 912 with extra fans Is That good
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
September 8, 2013 8:17:06 AM

Mikmono317 said:
stickg1 said:
Head over to the AMD Overclocking Club, if you ask nicely I'm sure someone will be happy to help you.

The basics are pretty much the same as AMD chips have been for a while. If you're going for a mild overclock, start out 100MHz-200MHz increases at a time. When under stress the system crashes, then you know you need just a little more voltage. Only touch the multiplier and vCore until you get an idea of what you're doing, too many variables in the mix make for tough troubleshooting.

But rule #1 is make sure you have adequate cooling, the stock cooler simply wont cut it.


Coolermaster hyper 212 evo and coolermaster haf 912 with extra fans Is That good


Should be good enough for 4.5GHz-4.8GHz depending on ambient and how much extra voltage you need. Have fun!
m
0
l
September 8, 2013 8:20:03 AM

stickg1 said:
Mikmono317 said:
stickg1 said:
Head over to the AMD Overclocking Club, if you ask nicely I'm sure someone will be happy to help you.

The basics are pretty much the same as AMD chips have been for a while. If you're going for a mild overclock, start out 100MHz-200MHz increases at a time. When under stress the system crashes, then you know you need just a little more voltage. Only touch the multiplier and vCore until you get an idea of what you're doing, too many variables in the mix make for tough troubleshooting.

But rule #1 is make sure you have adequate cooling, the stock cooler simply wont cut it.


Coolermaster hyper 212 evo and coolermaster haf 912 with extra fans Is That good


Should be good enough for 4.5GHz-4.8GHz depending on ambient and how much extra voltage you need. Have fun!


I will probably go to 4.2 because I don't really need that much and it is cool here in Canada :) 
m
0
l

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
September 8, 2013 8:29:31 AM

It will probably do 4.2GHz on auto voltage. That's only 200MHz over stock turbo isn't it?

Oh I forgot something important. What motherboard do you have, not all boards are good for Overclocking and it could limit your potential.
Share
September 8, 2013 8:34:43 AM

stickg1 said:
It will probably do 4.2GHz on auto voltage. That's only 200MHz over stock turbo isn't it?

Oh I forgot something important. What motherboard do you have, not all boards are good for Overclocking and it could limit your potential.


M5a97 r2.0
m
0
l
a c 152 K Overclocking
a c 850 à CPUs
September 8, 2013 10:29:41 AM

Mikmono317 said:
stickg1 said:
It will probably do 4.2GHz on auto voltage. That's only 200MHz over stock turbo isn't it?

Oh I forgot something important. What motherboard do you have, not all boards are good for Overclocking and it could limit your potential.


M5a97 r2.0


Good one.
m
0
l
!