Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Is this a good gaming pc for the price ?

Last response: in CPUs
Share
September 8, 2013 7:41:42 AM

http://www.amazon.co.uk/FX-6300-Gaming-OVERCLOCKED-Bull...

here is a link to the pc.

BTW the seller will upgrade the gpu for better performance.

I will be playing most new games and Rome 2 total war which i know is quite CPU intensive.

More about : good gaming price

a b à CPUs
September 8, 2013 7:59:12 AM

Not bad for the price but that graphics card isn't much for playing games.

PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1BmVQ
Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1BmVQ/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1BmVQ/benchmarks/

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor (£86.95 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard (£59.00 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Corsair 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£57.36 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£58.31 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7790 1GB Video Card
Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 ATX Mid Tower Case (£39.46 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply (£42.50 @ Amazon UK)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer (£13.15 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £356.73
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-08 15:57 BST+0100)

Cheaper and way better than what you linked
September 8, 2013 8:03:48 AM

Foxy2013 said:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/FX-6300-Gaming-OVERCLOCKED-Bull...

here is a link to the pc.

BTW the seller will upgrade the gpu for better performance.

I will be playing most new games and Rome 2 total war which i know is quite CPU intensive.


My gut says no. That graphics card is weaksauce. For the equivalent of £400, you could do a lot better on the US market.

Then again, I don't know very much about the tech market in the UK. You say the seller will upgrade the GPU -- but to what, and for how much money?
Related resources
September 8, 2013 8:07:04 AM

ifreestylin said:
Not bad for the price but that graphics card isn't much for playing games.

PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1BmVQ
Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1BmVQ/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1BmVQ/benchmarks/

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor (£86.95 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard (£59.00 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Corsair 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£57.36 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£58.31 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7790 1GB Video Card
Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 ATX Mid Tower Case (£39.46 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply (£42.50 @ Amazon UK)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer (£13.15 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £356.73
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-08 15:57 BST+0100)

Cheaper and way better than what you linked


Fulgurant said:
Foxy2013 said:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/FX-6300-Gaming-OVERCLOCKED-Bull...

here is a link to the pc.

BTW the seller will upgrade the gpu for better performance.

I will be playing most new games and Rome 2 total war which i know is quite CPU intensive.


My gut says no. That graphics card is weaksauce. For the equivalent of £400, you could do a lot better on the US market.

Then again, I don't know very much about the tech market in the UK. You say the seller will upgrade the GPU -- but to what, and for how much money?


The seller will upgrade for the price difference between the two GPU's. For example he will add a 7790 for £56 more.
a b à CPUs
September 8, 2013 8:10:01 AM

Foxy2013 said:
ifreestylin said:
Not bad for the price but that graphics card isn't much for playing games.

PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1BmVQ
Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1BmVQ/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1BmVQ/benchmarks/

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor (£86.95 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard (£59.00 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Corsair 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£57.36 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£58.31 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7790 1GB Video Card
Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 ATX Mid Tower Case (£39.46 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply (£42.50 @ Amazon UK)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer (£13.15 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £356.73
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-08 15:57 BST+0100)

Cheaper and way better than what you linked


Fulgurant said:
Foxy2013 said:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/FX-6300-Gaming-OVERCLOCKED-Bull...

here is a link to the pc.

BTW the seller will upgrade the gpu for better performance.

I will be playing most new games and Rome 2 total war which i know is quite CPU intensive.


My gut says no. That graphics card is weaksauce. For the equivalent of £400, you could do a lot better on the US market.

Then again, I don't know very much about the tech market in the UK. You say the seller will upgrade the GPU -- but to what, and for how much money?


The seller will upgrade for the price difference between the two GPU's. For example he will add a 7790 for £56 more.


You can build your own for £350 and have money for an OS
September 8, 2013 8:16:50 AM

Foxy2013 said:

The seller will upgrade for the price difference between the two GPU's. For example he will add a 7790 for £56 more.


Well if that's true, then it's not a terrible deal. If the Amazon rig doesn't come with an OS, then the final, practical price is only about £40 more than ifreestylin's build-it-yourself rig. (Assuming this is a representative price for an OEM copy of Windows in the UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Windows-software-inte...)

Personally, if I were you, I'd still look into building my own, because I like to have fine-tune control over my components, but I also understand if you'd prefer not to do that.
a b à CPUs
September 8, 2013 8:18:14 AM

Fulgurant said:
Foxy2013 said:

The seller will upgrade for the price difference between the two GPU's. For example he will add a 7790 for £56 more.


Well if that's true, then it's not a terrible deal. If the Amazon rig doesn't come with an OS, then the final, practical price is only about £40 more than ifreestylin's build-it-yourself rig. (Assuming this is a representative price for an OEM copy of Windows in the UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Windows-software-inte...)

Personally, if I were you, I'd still look into building my own, because I like to have fine-tune control over my components, but I also understand if you'd prefer not to do that.


+1 I second this
!