Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

weird display problem

Last response: in Systems
Share
September 8, 2013 2:06:25 PM

okay so i installed my gpu, and as soon as i did the hdmi port from the motherboard doesnt work! i assume that i have to use the gpu for display now but my gpu doesnt support hdmi so i can only use my motherboard ports! HELP! when i take out the gpu my motherboard display ports work again. is there any way to correct this?

More about : weird display problem

a c 144 V Motherboard
September 8, 2013 2:10:11 PM

This is the correct way it should be working. When you have a GPU installed the motherboard video output no longer works. You HAVE to go through the GPU.

What GPU do you have without HDMI?
m
0
l
September 8, 2013 2:15:33 PM

tiny voices said:
This is the correct way it should be working. When you have a GPU installed the motherboard video output no longer works. You HAVE to go through the GPU.

What GPU do you have without HDMI?


its the evga geoforce 640 my hdmi cable doesnt work!
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 144 V Motherboard
September 8, 2013 2:20:26 PM

That is because it is a MINI HDMI port.

Just use DVI. The picture quality will be the same if not better.
Share
September 8, 2013 2:23:09 PM

tiny voices said:
That is because it is a MINI HDMI port.

Just use DVI. The picture quality will be the same if not better.


problem there is that my monitor has built in speakers i wanted to use. Am i going to have to buy dedicated speakers?
m
0
l
a c 144 V Motherboard
September 8, 2013 2:25:23 PM

Yes. Or, you will have to buy a mini HDMI cord.
m
0
l
September 8, 2013 2:29:34 PM

tiny voices said:
Yes. Or, you will have to buy a mini HDMI cord.


think ill just buy some headphones then... sigh. thanks alot for your help!
m
0
l
a c 144 V Motherboard
September 8, 2013 2:31:07 PM

No problem.
m
0
l
!