Is a 3570K good enough?

In my new pc that I'm gonna build, I was gonna go with a 3rd gen intel i5 3570k on a ASUS P8Z77-V LX Intel Z77 mobo, is it good enough, and also, when this new pc is made, I'm going to be playing and recording various games like skyrim, minecraft, battlefield 3, what average FPS will I get whilst recording and not recording, thanks!!! (Oh, I forgot to mention that the graphics card is either gonna be a nvidia msi twin frozor 770 or a amd 7970, what GPU would be better?)
6 answers Last reply
More about 3570k good
  1. That CPU will be plenty especially if you overclock. As far as those graphics cards go, they are very comparable and I would get the gtx 770 just because it is slightly newer but if the 7970 is like $50 cheaper just get the 7970.
  2. iblowuup said:
    That CPU will be plenty especially if you overclock. As far as those graphics cards go, they are very comparable and I would get the gtx 770 just because it is slightly newer but if the 7970 is like $50 cheaper just get the 7970.


    Yeah, I see what you mean, the decider between the graphics cards has been bugging me for a while, I wanted to go with nvidia because in general they are a more beefier card and will do good with rendering, but I wanted to go with amd because I don't want to look like a nvidia fanboy, and also because its something different, it's just bang for your buck really :/
  3. I'm guessing there is overclocking in your future for the cpu? If so, you might want to consider a little stouter m/b. The LX is a 4+2 phase board and may not take kindly to o/c that would keep up with your gpu. The ASRock Extreme4 is an 8+4 board and is really a nice board.
  4. I would recommend this card because according to Tom's Hardware it performs better than the GTX 770 for roughly the same price (a little cheaper actually). http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202001
  5. markwp said:
    I'm guessing there is overclocking in your future for the cpu? If so, you might want to consider a little stouter m/b. The LX is a 4+2 phase board and may not take kindly to o/c that would keep up with your gpu. The ASRock Extreme4 is an 8+4 board and is really a nice board.
    Yeah, I've just had a look at the motherboard, And I was gonna o/c the CPU to 4.0ghz right out the box, will change the mobo that I have in the parts list to that asrock one!, thanks
  6. iblowuup said:
    I would recommend this card because according to Tom's Hardware it performs better than the GTX 770 for roughly the same price (a little cheaper actually). http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202001
    yeah, I might take the GPU into consideration, if I don't use it in this build, I will definitely involve it in a rig in the near future!
Ask a new question

Read More

Go Build Intel i5 CPUs