Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

EVGA GTX 760, what is the difference between these 3 cards?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
September 9, 2013 4:47:51 AM

I am looking to buy a EVGA 760 GTX superclocked, but am having trouble seeing any significant differences between these 3 cards. Can someone please enlighten me?

EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 760 02G-P4-2762-KR Video Card

EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 760 02G-P4-2765-KR w/ EVGA ACX Cooler Video Card

EVGA GeForce GTX 760 02G-P4-3765-KR Dual Superclocked w/ EVGA ACX Cooler Video Card

The latter two appear to have better cooling. I'd like to pick one of these for gaming purposes. Thanks.
September 9, 2013 5:12:25 AM

I believe the "EVGA GeForce GTX 760 02G-P4-3765-KR Dual Superclocked w/ EVGA ACX Cooler Video Card" features dual BIOSes and includes a backplate (you must register online to receive the bundled game and backplate)

And yes, it is a good idea to pick up one with the ACX cooler.

The "EVGA GeForce GTX 760 02G-P4-3765-KR Dual Superclocked w/ EVGA ACX Cooler Video Card" has a $10 rebate, actually making it cheaper than the other one.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
September 9, 2013 5:12:59 AM

teddymines said:
I am looking to buy a EVGA 760 GTX superclocked, but am having trouble seeing any significant differences between these 3 cards. Can someone please enlighten me?

EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 760 02G-P4-2762-KR Video Card

EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 760 02G-P4-2765-KR w/ EVGA ACX Cooler Video Card

EVGA GeForce GTX 760 02G-P4-3765-KR Dual Superclocked w/ EVGA ACX Cooler Video Card

The latter two appear to have better cooling. I'd like to pick one of these for gaming purposes. Thanks.


The first is EVGA's reference cooled superclocked 760. The 2nd is there ACX cooler superclocked 760 and the last one is same as the second one except it has dual bios and a back plate. Spec wise, they are essentially all the same (same core clock, memory clock, cuda cores etc.), except for the differences I just listed. I would get the 2nd one you linked if it were me unless you have use for a dual bios card. I hope this helps!
Share
Related resources
September 9, 2013 5:19:37 AM

Not sure I have a reason to have the back plate or the dual BIOS. So I'll probably go with the second card.
m
0
l
February 20, 2014 1:28:52 AM

teddymines said:
Not sure I have a reason to have the back plate or the dual BIOS. So I'll probably go with the second card.


I know this thread is old but I found it while looking for info on these cards today so I'll post this for others to find as well. If I had to guess, the backplate is for when you SLI multiple cards and want addition heat protection from the other card(s) blowing hot air on the board of the one it's SLI'd to. The dual-BIOS allows for higher levels of overclocking and more fan speed control. The standard BIOS allows for a maximum 106% power delivery and a minimum fan speed of 41%. The Secondary BIOS allows for 110% power delivery and a minimum fan speed of 28%.
m
0
l
February 24, 2014 10:53:35 AM

Batosai3591 said:
teddymines said:
Not sure I have a reason to have the back plate or the dual BIOS. So I'll probably go with the second card.


I know this thread is old but I found it while looking for info on these cards today so I'll post this for others to find as well. If I had to guess, the backplate is for when you SLI multiple cards and want addition heat protection from the other card(s) blowing hot air on the board of the one it's SLI'd to. The dual-BIOS allows for higher levels of overclocking and more fan speed control. The standard BIOS allows for a maximum 106% power delivery and a minimum fan speed of 41%. The Secondary BIOS allows for 110% power delivery and a minimum fan speed of 28%.


IIRC, the backplate reinforced the PCB and conducted heat away. In any case, I ended up getting the dual BIOS simply because it came with a free backplate offer and a game bundle. I was able to overclock the card slightly (confirmed with furmark) and am quite happy with the performance so far. Then again, I am not a hardcore gamer, and get a lot of enjoyment out of games like Far Cry 3, Bioshock 2, Borderlands 2, etc. not all with ultra settings...and I'm ok with that!
m
0
l
!