Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

HD7850 vs GTX650ti boost

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
September 9, 2013 7:01:30 AM

Good day to all,The title pretty much sums up my question which of the two cards will be better,and by better i mean in terms of lasting me more then 6 months before i have to upgrade due to card not being strong enough.

At the moment all im playing is Tera online and maybe assasins creed now and then.

Im currently running a tiny gt440 not best card but it has served me well but now time for upgrade both of cards i mentioned ae basically same price where i stay.

For those who want pc specs im only running a :
e5700 dual core @3ghz
4gb ram.

Before anyone points out obvious yes i know both cards will likely bottleneck hell out of it.but im slowly upgrading and come December time i will be gettin i5(not 100% sure yet still browsing) so CPU wont be an issue for long time just till end of year,and ill also be going up to possible 8gb ram with new mobo ofcourse.

So my questions stands which of these two gonna benifit me in long run

Thx in advanced

More about : hd7850 gtx650ti boost

September 9, 2013 7:09:23 AM

Dunno how the boost will perform, but the 7850 outperforms the non-boost by quite a good margin.

I suspect that they would perform similarly.

However, AMD GPUs can make use of RadeonPro; that program is utterly fantastic. It's free too; go check out the site for details on what it does.

I'm going to advocate the 7850.
m
0
l

Best solution

September 9, 2013 7:10:35 AM

The 7850 is a faster card so it'll benefit you more in the future cuz it'll still give you good fps in the future over the 650ti boost. Also, the 7850 is an overclocking beast if you do choose to overclock.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/6838/nvidia-geforce-gtx-6...
Share
Related resources
September 9, 2013 7:20:47 AM

Guess that answers it then 7850 wins,will go place my orders fairly soon thanks again,cheers
m
0
l
September 9, 2013 7:24:28 AM

Calvin Chisnall said:
Good day to all,The title pretty much sums up my question which of the two cards will be better,and by better i mean in terms of lasting me more then 6 months before i have to upgrade due to card not being strong enough.

At the moment all im playing is Tera online and maybe assasins creed now and then.

Im currently running a tiny gt440 not best card but it has served me well but now time for upgrade both of cards i mentioned ae basically same price where i stay.

For those who want pc specs im only running a :
e5700 dual core @3ghz
4gb ram.

Before anyone points out obvious yes i know both cards will likely bottleneck hell out of it.but im slowly upgrading and come December time i will be gettin i5(not 100% sure yet still browsing) so CPU wont be an issue for long time just till end of year,and ill also be going up to possible 8gb ram with new mobo ofcourse.

So my questions stands which of these two gonna benifit me in long run

Thx in advanced


Don't know why the other posters are saying the 7850 is faster (and definitively so!! :)  ) It's not quite like that.

Here's a review on Tom's with the 7850 to compare. There is very little in it. The 7850 winning in one or two, and the 650TI Boost winning (not by much ) an equal share too. The 7850 is a decent card, even now 2 years on. It will play high settings on most games up to 1080p. Specially the 2gb version. Don't bother with the 1gb, as at 1080p and above it will have vram issues.

Personally I prefer Nvidia cards, the benefit being better drivres in my mind. PhysX is a consideration too, if you play games that make use of it. Also when it comes to crossfire, and putting two AMD cards together (future upgrade for you??) AMDs drivers are kinda wonky, with frame pacing issues, that are only currently being addressed, and not yet completely fixed.

agree with Envy: the 7850 is a great over clocker, but saying that so is the 650ti Boost, and with a relatively easy overclock, you can get an additional 10% performance from the 650ti Boost.
m
0
l
September 9, 2013 8:47:48 AM

MajinCry said:
Dunno how the boost will perform, but the 7850 outperforms the non-boost by quite a good margin.

I suspect that they would perform similarly.

However, AMD GPUs can make use of RadeonPro; that program is utterly fantastic. It's free too; go check out the site for details on what it does.

I'm going to advocate the 7850.


What you talking about? Radeon Pro as a reason to purchase a card!?? It's just an extended driver, which allows access to things that you can already to in the standard Nvidia driver ie. Set up profiles, manage additional 3d settings. It's like the Geforce Experience, which is really crap for configuring your settings. That would not be why someone would by that card, and shouldn't be given as a reason to do so either.
m
0
l
September 10, 2013 2:55:10 AM

Would like bump this thread a little and ask for one more opinion before i go ahead and place my order.Im also getting new PSU to be able to power the hd7850,now ive seen alot of sites saying i must be careful when choosing PSU due to motherboards wattage or something. The 2 current PSU im lookin at are as follows:
http://www.rebeltech.co.za/index.php?main_page=product_...
http://www.rebeltech.co.za/index.php?main_page=product_...

Im not 100% exactly what whole 'litepower' is so anyone care to info me on which is more suitable

Thx again
m
0
l
September 10, 2013 6:48:34 AM

Calvin Chisnall said:
Would like bump this thread a little and ask for one more opinion before i go ahead and place my order.Im also getting new PSU to be able to power the hd7850,now ive seen alot of sites saying i must be careful when choosing PSU due to motherboards wattage or something. The 2 current PSU im lookin at are as follows:
http://www.rebeltech.co.za/index.php?main_page=product_...
http://www.rebeltech.co.za/index.php?main_page=product_...

Im not 100% exactly what whole 'litepower' is so anyone care to info me on which is more suitable

Thx again


forget the gigabyte one, it has poor reviews. Not sure about he thermaltake, it looks like it's not that great either. you could take a look at this one. Less overall wattage but a better PSU:

http://www.rebeltech.co.za/index.php?main_page=product_...

Its a bit more expensive, but a PSU isn't something to skimp on.It will serve you well.
m
0
l
!