Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

CPU speed good matter for Gaming?

Last response: in CPUs
Share
September 9, 2013 10:24:41 AM

Okay, I have chosen parts for a computer I will be Building and I cannot decide which CPU to get, either
Intel core i5 4430 3.0 GHz Quad
Intel core i5 4570 3.2 GHz
I won't be overclocking, I am in a very tight budget and want to get the cheaper, but I want the best performace for gaming.
Other Parts:
Cooler Master Haf 912
MSI B85-G43 1150socket
Gigabyte Geforce gtx 660 ti OC
8gb kingston HyperX Blu 1600MHz
1tb SATA 3 Toshiba HDD
Random DVD drive

Will this be enough for gaming, like Skyrim Cod and Far Cry?
Thanks in Advance

a b 4 Gaming
a c 680 à CPUs
September 9, 2013 10:29:40 AM

Either CPU should be fine for what you are looking for. Replace that 660ti with a less expensive or similar priced GTX 760. It is a better GPU and equal to a GTX 670 in performance.
m
0
l
September 9, 2013 10:34:44 AM

logainofhades said:
Either CPU should be fine for what you are looking for. Replace that 660ti with a less expensive or similar priced GTX 760. It is a better GPU and equal to a GTX 670 in performance.


I did actually look at the 760 but it is to expensive where I live, Sweden Btw, 40 Euros differance like 34 pounds or something, That definately stretches my budget to the absolute limit unfortunately, I might actually buy the 660 ti or non ti and upgrade when I have the money, should get ssd Aswell but for now, will it play skyrim on high with 40+ frames? Thanks for quick response!

m
0
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
a c 680 à CPUs
September 9, 2013 10:39:38 AM

If you are on a tight budget, do not bother with an SSD. It does 0 for FPS. Do you have any AMD options that are reasonably priced there?
m
0
l
September 9, 2013 10:48:29 AM

logainofhades said:
If you are on a tight budget, do not bother with an SSD. It does 0 for FPS. Do you have any AMD options that are reasonably priced there?


Well, I meant upgrading when I have money, like in a year! Erm, feel free to give some! I had a look at I think XFX 7950, that's around 200Euros I believe, I don't care about AMD or Nvidia GPU, Just a cheap Good and reliable! I don't think the 7870 is available around here.

m
0
l
September 9, 2013 10:50:31 AM

Actually Found 7870 for 10Euros Cheaper than 7950
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 471 à CPUs
September 9, 2013 10:52:39 AM

The SSD will allow for quicker loads, but other than that it will not improve game performance. Therefore, as stated above, there is no real reason to buy a SSD for a budget system. You can either save the money, or use it for a more powerful graphics card.

The 200MHz difference for the CPUs will not make much of a performance difference.
m
0
l
September 9, 2013 10:57:44 AM

jaguarskx said:
The SSD will allow for quicker loads, but other than that it will not improve game performance. Therefore, as stated above, there is no real reason to buy a SSD for a budget system. You can either save the money, or use it for a more powerful graphics card.

The 200MHz difference for the CPUs will not make much of a performance difference.


Thanks for answer Jaguar, but I have not included a SSD for my build, now, For a budget System, will GTX 660 ti Be enough to play games mentioned? :) 

m
0
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
September 9, 2013 11:10:44 AM

DireMe said:
jaguarskx said:
The SSD will allow for quicker loads, but other than that it will not improve game performance. Therefore, as stated above, there is no real reason to buy a SSD for a budget system. You can either save the money, or use it for a more powerful graphics card.

The 200MHz difference for the CPUs will not make much of a performance difference.


Thanks for answer Jaguar, but I have not included a SSD for my build, now, For a budget System, will GTX 660 ti Be enough to play games mentioned? :) 



I personally own the GTX 660 ti 2GB and when overclocked it can perform as well as a stock GTX 670, even without the overclock it runs all those games in perfect fluidity, trust me. It's not the most powerful card for that price range but it's still a beast for gaming, I've had it for 6 months and havnt had any lag in any games so far. Even GTA4 and Crysis. Overclocking to perform like the 670 is worth the time for some games, but not needed most of the time.
Share
September 9, 2013 11:15:43 AM

Nitro192 said:
DireMe said:
jaguarskx said:
The SSD will allow for quicker loads, but other than that it will not improve game performance. Therefore, as stated above, there is no real reason to buy a SSD for a budget system. You can either save the money, or use it for a more powerful graphics card.

The 200MHz difference for the CPUs will not make much of a performance difference.


Thanks for answer Jaguar, but I have not included a SSD for my build, now, For a budget System, will GTX 660 ti Be enough to play games mentioned? :) 



I personally own the GTX 660 ti 2GB and when overclocked it can perform as well as a stock GTX 670, even without the overclock it runs all those games in perfect fluidity, trust me. It's not the most powerful card for that price range but it's still a beast for gaming, I've had it for 6 months and havnt had any lag in any games so far. Even GTA4 and Crysis. Overclocking to perform like the 670 is worth the time for some games, but not needed most of the time.


Thank you Nitro! :)  Btw Will it be easily heated when OC'd?

m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 471 à CPUs
September 9, 2013 11:18:45 AM

You can click the following link for some benchmarks which includes the GTX 660 Ti. Note that the test rig has an Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.2 GHz. The difference in clockspeed can be noticeable in CPU dependent games. Skyrim is one of the most CPU dependent games out there and that before installing any mods. Therefore, you should expect lower frame rates with a CPU that is clocked 1.0GHz / 1.2GHz slower.

Link to benchmarks beginning with Assassin's Creed 3:
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GeForce_GTX_760...


Skyrim benchmarks @ 1920x1080
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
September 9, 2013 11:19:26 AM

DireMe said:
Nitro192 said:
DireMe said:
jaguarskx said:
The SSD will allow for quicker loads, but other than that it will not improve game performance. Therefore, as stated above, there is no real reason to buy a SSD for a budget system. You can either save the money, or use it for a more powerful graphics card.

The 200MHz difference for the CPUs will not make much of a performance difference.


Thanks for answer Jaguar, but I have not included a SSD for my build, now, For a budget System, will GTX 660 ti Be enough to play games mentioned? :) 



I personally own the GTX 660 ti 2GB and when overclocked it can perform as well as a stock GTX 670, even without the overclock it runs all those games in perfect fluidity, trust me. It's not the most powerful card for that price range but it's still a beast for gaming, I've had it for 6 months and havnt had any lag in any games so far. Even GTA4 and Crysis. Overclocking to perform like the 670 is worth the time for some games, but not needed most of the time.


Thank you Nitro! :)  Btw Will it be easily heated when OC'd?



I've done a lot of tests in this area and if you set the fan speed to 60% which is still very quiet then even in the toughest games it'll never go above 55-60'C which is a very healthy temp for a GPU.
m
0
l
!