HIS HD 6670 GDDR5 not getting detected by GA-H61M-S2P Board..

computine

Honorable
Sep 9, 2013
Hi friends,

I have put together a PC consisting of GigaByte GA-H61M-S2P , and intel G2010 .

The setup is being powered by a corsair 350w PSU.

Now i've decided to get a graphics card, and got the HIS 6670 1GB GDDR5 , After inserting the card into my motherboard, the graphics card fan spins, but the BIOS splash screen doesnt show up, and there is no beep sound..

So far ive tried disabling the onboard graphics and tried changing the init sequence, and a set of other combinations, but the result is the same...

So guys please help me fix this
Thanks

Solution
when you add new hardware on your PC like Processor,GPU card or Harddrive you should Clear Your Cmos/bios..Have you try that?? and don't forget to plug your monitor cable to your new Gpu card and Not to your onboard vga(on Motherboard)
G

if the gpu does not detected by motherboard, try to reinstall drivers and utilities cd that comes from the motherboard.

computine

Honorable
Sep 9, 2013

Well this is an issue with the motherboard not going past the P.O.S.T process itself, so it means that it won't boot any hard drive without completing the P.O.S.T, so its no question of installing the drivers/utiities since, i am not able to boot

The Grave Digger

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013
when you add new hardware on your PC like Processor,GPU card or Harddrive you should Clear Your Cmos/bios..Have you try that?? and don't forget to plug your monitor cable to your new Gpu card and Not to your onboard vga(on Motherboard)

Solution

computine

Honorable
Sep 9, 2013

Thanks for your guidance..
I pulled out the cmos battery, to reset the bios...
And connected a vga cable to the card..
But still not working

computine

Honorable
Sep 9, 2013
Solved...

There is this damn setting in the bios which was responsible...

PCI ROM Priority...
Changed from "EFI enabled Rom" to "legacy ROM"

Wow, what a pain this has been...!!
I hope newcomers with gigabyte boards will find this thread useful, and same themselves heartaches..