Hd 7750 vs gts 450

Swervingwall5

Honorable
Aug 23, 2013
I know that these are both the (not so good) graphics cards but these are just temporary cards before I get the gtx 670. So which one is better?

Solution

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/681?vs=535

Same site I linked earlier. lol. You can see they are very close and go back and forth by a few points here and there, but the 650 I think is price way higher than what you can get a 650 for. I went with the 7750 cause it was the best <$100 card I could get.

Swervingwall5

Honorable
Aug 23, 2013

Wow I guess 7750 wins by a lot! and I found one at amazon for $80 which is about $10 cheaper. Also another question, what is directX anyways? is it imporved graphics, cause I really cant tell much difference except for lag.

with each version of directX, they add more features to be handled directly by the hardware and with functions supported in it.

Say in directX 5, they added lighting, so all you have to do is call the "addlight" function, tell it where and how bright and the color and the hardware would calculate that. If that wasn't in directx 4, then the game maker would have to actually code the whole process for lighting, how it affect every 3D surface, etc and it may be handled by the CPU instead of directly on the GPU.

With each version, they add new things like smoke, reflections, shadows, etc. It puts more processing onto the GPU and directy built into functions instead of reinventing the wheel.

Swervingwall5

Honorable
Aug 23, 2013

And which one would be better? cause its hard to find videos or benchmarks for that gpu be ause people like to refer to the ti version

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/681?vs=535

Same site I linked earlier. lol. You can see they are very close and go back and forth by a few points here and there, but the 650 I think is price way higher than what you can get a 650 for. I went with the 7750 cause it was the best <$100 card I could get.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS