Will my PSU run my new GTX 760?

Michael Tinervin

Honorable
Sep 10, 2013
I ordered a new evga gtx 760 SC edition and I just got it from newegg yesterday. EVGA says I need 30amps on the 12vt rail, but my current PSU which is a RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-630SS 630W ATX12V V2.2/ EPS12V, says it has +12V1@22A x 2. Can I use both of the 12 volt rails to my new 760 to give it the required 30 amps or will that fry the card. At the moment I don't have the money to buy a new PSU, but I really don't have the money to have to replace my new graphics card.

Solution
The short answer is Nope. If it does run, you will get far less than optimal performance from the card. There are no provisions to hook both to the same card. You will need a new PSU for proper card performance.

Michael Tinervin

Honorable
Sep 10, 2013
That's what I was afraid of, I was hoping on the off chance that I could avoid having to buy a new PSU, but looks like that's exactly whats going to have to happen. I don't even want to try to use it until I get what it needs. Like I said, I don't have the money to have to replace new new graphics card just yet. On the upside of a new PSU, if I get a good one I can save up to buy a second 760 for sli. lol Thanks guys.

Michael Tinervin

Honorable
Sep 10, 2013
So I contacted raidmax tech support and asked them about it, and this is what they said, use both the 6 pin connecters and it would provide the 44amps that the GTX 760 needed. I'm almost afraid of putting it in, don't want to kill the card or over tax the PSU. Anyway here is what I got back from them on this.

yes, plug both connectors to your graphic card that provide you 44amp