Solved

NEED HELP! First Build Ever. Display quality decrease after driver installation. EVGA Gtx 660

Finished my first build ever last night. After windows finished installing I installed drivers for my gtx 660. After the drivers finished I restarted and then the display quality was blurry/out of focus. I searched all over today trying to fix this but solutions I have came across did not work. I've tried current and previous versions of the drivers and also have changed just about every setting with worse results or either no difference.

Please help! I'm starting to get a headache staring at this screen.
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about build display quality decrease driver installation evga gtx 660
  1. What drivers did you installed ? What is your system specs ? What cable are you using VGA, DVI, HDMI ?
  2. lonewolf7 said:
    What drivers did you installed ? What is your system specs ? What cable are you using VGA, DVI, HDMI ?



    I installed the newest 320.49 drivers and also tried the previous 314.07 drivers. Neither worked.
    Running FX8350 on asus A5 M97 Mobo

    I havnt messed with the bios or done any overclocking. everything is new out of the box.

    Im using a HDMI cable hooked to my tv.
  3. Try to disable all underscan or overscan or resizing in nvidia control panel. And play with the native resolution of TV.
  4. lonewolf7 said:
    Try to disable all underscan or overscan or resizing in nvidia control panel. And play with the native resolution of TV.



    Yeah, I already tried both of those. Overscan was already off on my tv and I tried every resolution setting in the nvidia control panel and in the windows control panel. I'm still getting the blurry crappy
    Display.
  5. Ok, another thing to try : open NVidia control panel-->expand display-->adjust desktop color settings-->on the right hand pane-->3. apply the following enhancement-->Content type reported to the display-->select desktop programs, save the settings, look how it works.

    Another thing though I forget, but you have to select PC to TV or something like that. Good luck.
  6. lonewolf7 said:
    Ok, another thing to try : open NVidia control panel-->expand display-->adjust desktop color settings-->on the right hand pane-->3. apply the following enhancement-->Content type reported to the display-->select desktop programs, save the settings, look how it works.

    Another thing though I forget, but you have to select PC to TV or something like that. Good luck.



    Thanks for the help, unfortunately it still didn't work. I think it's affecting more than just the display as well. I tried running 2 games, crysis and splinter cell black list and both of them crashed almost instantly before even booting up anything.
  7. Best answer
    Finally found a fix. I'm not sure what exactly is wrong with the Nvidia drivers but, this guy seems to know. I just hope anyone with the same problem finds this. I searched for days trying to fix this issue. This worked like a charm!

    http://files.bortweb.com/how_to_fix_nvidia_blurry_fuzzy_screen_or_text.htm
  8. Glad to hear that, and thanks for posting the solution.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx Drivers Build Graphics Displays