Last response: in Video Games
September 10, 2013 1:54:32 PM

some people told me i7 4770 will be better over i5 4570 for gaming
is that true?

More about : 4570 4770

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
September 10, 2013 1:58:58 PM

That information is incorrect. The two CPUs are equal for gaming. It is only in highly multithreaded tasks like encoding or editing where the i7 is better.
September 10, 2013 2:17:43 PM

kirilmatthew said:
That information is incorrect. The two CPUs are equal for gaming. It is only in highly multithreaded tasks like encoding or editing where the i7 is better.

even in the case when the game is cpu depended ?
what can i do when the game will be cpu depended and i wont have accepteble frame rate ? can i put it on boost 24/7 ? will it help?
m
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
September 10, 2013 2:20:42 PM

GagaTroll said:
kirilmatthew said:

what can i do when the game will be cpu depended and i wont have accepteble frame rate ? can i put it on boost 24/7 ? will it help?

Current games generally only use 4 cores. The i5 has 4 cores, while the i7 has 4 cores with HT(8 threads). Games do not take advantage of HT. The i5 is currently just as good as any CPU at gaming. It basically matches a $1000 i7 extreme. There is no need for more. In CPU Dependant games you would have to overclock to get a meaningful difference, however CPU bottlenecked games virtually do not exist for the i5.
m
l
September 10, 2013 2:31:11 PM

kirilmatthew said:
GagaTroll said:
kirilmatthew said:

Current games generally only use 4 cores. The i5 has 4 cores, while the i7 has 4 cores with HT(8 threads). Games do not take advantage of HT. The i5 is currently just as good as any CPU at gaming. It basically matches a $1000 i7 extreme. There is no need for more. In CPU Dependant games you would have to overclock to get a meaningful difference, however CPU bottlenecked games virtually do not exist for the i5.

im still torn between the option of a
4.5/4.2 ghz 4670k
or
4570 and 780
im kinda afraid that cpu depended games will give me low frames because of the 4570
will that be the case ?( rome 2 planetside2 bf4 multiplayer there are alot cpu depended games after all haha)
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
September 11, 2013 4:01:11 AM

GagaTroll said:
kirilmatthew said:
GagaTroll said:
kirilmatthew said:

4.5/4.2 ghz 4670k
or
4570 and 780
im kinda afraid that cpu depended games will give me low frames because of the 4570
will that be the case ?( rome 2 planetside2 bf4 multiplayer there are alot cpu depended games after all haha)

The 780 is a poor value GPU. My recommendation is getting the i5-4670k and two 760s in SLI. This combo outperforms a titan, yet costs cheaper then a 780. If you didn't have planetside 2 on your list, or you played the other ones a lot more, I would recommend an AMD FX. It will certainly be favored in BF4 and will cost less money. But you do have enough money for the i5-4670k and two 760s?
m
l
September 11, 2013 4:26:35 AM

kirilmatthew said:
GagaTroll said:
kirilmatthew said:
GagaTroll said:
kirilmatthew said:

4.5/4.2 ghz 4670k
or
4570 and 780

The 780 is a poor value GPU. My recommendation is getting the i5-4670k and two 760s in SLI. This combo outperforms a titan, yet costs cheaper then a 780. If you didn't have planetside 2 on your list, or you played the other ones a lot more, I would recommend an AMD FX. It will certainly be favored in BF4 and will cost less money. But you do have enough money for the i5-4670k and two 760s?

yes that wont be a problem but what happens if suddenly the game dose not support sli ?
what about taking only one 770 and adding one in a year?
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
September 11, 2013 4:30:35 AM

GagaTroll said:
kirilmatthew said:
GagaTroll said:
kirilmatthew said:
GagaTroll said:
kirilmatthew said:

4.5/4.2 ghz 4670k
or
4570 and 780

yes that wont be a problem but what happens if suddenly the game dose not support sli ?

Games will always support SLI generally. Nvidia writing the drivers and would lose their customers to AMD if they didn't write then well. The 770 future SLI is also an option. Personally I think the two 760s are better value.
m
l
September 11, 2013 4:46:35 AM

kirilmatthew said:
GagaTroll said:
kirilmatthew said:
GagaTroll said:
kirilmatthew said:
GagaTroll said:
kirilmatthew said:

4.5/4.2 ghz 4670k
or
4570 and 780

Games will always support SLI generally. Nvidia writing the drivers and would lose their customers to AMD if they didn't write then well. The 770 future SLI is also an option. Personally I think the two 760s are better value.

if i go with a single 770 i can also get an ssd and 16gb ram is it worth it?
16gb ram will be useful for gaming?
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
September 11, 2013 4:52:24 AM

GagaTroll said:
kirilmatthew said:
GagaTroll said:
kirilmatthew said:
GagaTroll said:
kirilmatthew said:
GagaTroll said:
kirilmatthew said:

4.5/4.2 ghz 4670k
or
4570 and 780

if i go with a single 770 i can also get an ssd and 16gb ram is it worth it?
16gb ram will be useful for gaming?

What's your overall budget? I can make a list of parts for you if you can give me that! 8Gb of ram is all I'd buy for gaming. An SSD is not a good investment for gaming as it doesn't do anything. I would invest in a better GPU over an SSD.
m
l
September 12, 2013 7:14:26 AM

I think it is best to take the money you'd spend on two GTX 760's now and buy a single GTX 770. It will run almost any game at high settings with relative ease now, and down the road when the games become more demanding, you will be able to expand and buy another GTX 770 and run those in SLI, which will far outperform the GTX 760 in SLI. Just make sure that if you are planning on going the SLI route that you purchase a competent power supply now.
m
l
!