Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
I use this build
7 Ultimate 32-bit
i3 3210
Gigabyte GAh61 M D2h
4GB DDR3 RAM.
WD 500 GB

Before this I was using the h61 m ww board and at that time I was getting a pretty fast boot up in 15 seconds and now when I changed it to D2h the boot time increased to 1 minute and when I say boot time I mean the time taken from BIOS to desktop.
Also,previously I was using WD go Green or something and it got fried and so replaced.
Furthermore,I much appreciate on further two queries:-
1)Do the memory of processor or RAM's get lagged when one use DVI/HDMI port
2)Can I add 2Gb DDR 3 RAM to
my 4GB for my current board(D2h);if only it is needed.
I do play ,occasionally, games

You boot time is based mainly on hard drive speed, since you said you had to get a new one I suspect it is slower. If you add more RAM I would recommend multiple sticks so that it runs in dual channel, but there is no reason to get more RAM unless you upgrade to a 64 bit OS. As of right now your computer can only take advantage of a little under 4GB of RAM.

Your RAM and CPU will not be affected by using one or multiple DVI/HDMI ports.

vdtiwari

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013

Many thanks for replying.It is very rare to find guys who are into these and have good intel.Now I still have some glitches:-
Even what you say is true;how can I be sure that the softwares and games installed(which will be re-installed,obviously)run correctly on 64-bit?
Also,please elaborate that how did the HDD varied;I mean Both are of WD both are connected to SATA 3Gbps and both are of 500GB?
In addition with these new ones,I am bringing more light on my game playing.Though I do play seldom,but I am on like Hitman Absolution,AssassinCreed 3,Revelations etc,GTA 4 and you will get the picture.
So my processor,i3 3210,is included with Intel HD Graphics 2500 and haVE 4GB DDR3 RAM.My freind uses these and have no problem in playing them,but I am stucked.

IvanOhio

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013
You should just try 3GB since using a 32 bit OS. Just the limitations of the 32bit design.

If you were running a 64bit OS then you would seeing some performance differences.

Funny, using that same board but with a 64bit OS and 16GB of RAM plus a SSD.
Setup: i3 2120 3.3 GHz, 16GB Crucial Dual Channel memory, 240GB Kingston V300. No video card

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Does the new mobo run with a clean install of Win, or are you using the smae thing as on your old build, if so, need to get the registry cleaned out and clean out the start up or simply do a clean install.....with the new mobo do you have the latest BIOS and mobo drivers (from the website not the disk that came with the mobo?

vdtiwari

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013

Thats what I asked to "burdenbound".First I don't know how many or what games will run on 64 bit and same to be said about softwares?Help me out on this one

Also when I checked on Gigabyte's site,I came to know,for H61 M WW, this "Intel Rapid Start Techonology'which is absent in this board.In the meantime I checked the BIOS for my current board and found this 'quick boot' option which on enabling did things a bit good for a second but that 12 second boot up(with H61M WW) was quite astonishing and always will bother me.
But even that doesn't explain the performance thing when the system is on.
It is not better than my laptop( core 2 duo 32-bit vista SP2 with 2GB,160GB HDD).
I mean if I have i3(my first core i series processor) I should be like super speeding or something.Also,the memory usable in system properties is 3.42GB and not 3GB.

vdtiwari

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013

As I said the HDD was changed and so the board ,So I have to re-install 7 again with all the partitions and all.
Talking about that latest BIOS driver,before I mingle with my BIOS;do please elaborate how is that going to affect the speed thing?

vdtiwari

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
I am closing this thread because I came with the solutions myself:-
The boot time remains the same if anyone uses non-UEFI based BIOS i.e the old ones by Award which is mine of D2h.What I was experiencing the super boot was with that H61 M WW because it has the UEFI interface and that increases boot time(most probably with Intel Rapid Start,but that is the case)
The Hard Disk has NOTHING to do with it.