Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Charging mobile and connecting USB device on the same port.

Tags:
  • Mobile
  • Phones
  • Port
  • Devices
  • USB
Last response: in General Connectivity
Share
September 11, 2013 11:33:16 AM

Hi,

I have galaxy s4 which has only one port for charging and/or connecting USB devices. I am working on a project where a finger print biometric device will be connected to the mobile phone. This device draws power from the phone. Is there a way by which I can connect the biometric device and charge the mobile phone at the same time.
Thanks,
Nitin.

More about : charging mobile connecting usb device port

Best solution

September 11, 2013 11:56:55 AM

nitin84india said:
Hi,

I have galaxy s4 which has only one port for charging and/or connecting USB devices. I am working on a project where a finger print biometric device will be connected to the mobile phone. This device draws power from the phone. Is there a way by which I can connect the biometric device and charge the mobile phone at the same time.
Thanks,
Nitin.


1. you could draw power directly from the battery(not recommended)
2. you could get a higher power power plug(1 amp or more) and make it power both the device and the phone in parallel.
Share
September 11, 2013 12:08:51 PM

ryan27968 said:
nitin84india said:
Hi,

I have galaxy s4 which has only one port for charging and/or connecting USB devices. I am working on a project where a finger print biometric device will be connected to the mobile phone. This device draws power from the phone. Is there a way by which I can connect the biometric device and charge the mobile phone at the same time.
Thanks,
Nitin.


1. you could draw power directly from the battery(not recommended)
2. you could get a higher power power plug(1 amp or more) and make it power both the device and the phone in parallel.


Can you send me some amazon or ebay links of the things which will be required to do so...
m
0
l
Related resources
September 11, 2013 12:11:34 PM

there is no amazon or ebay thing to do this. if you are doing a project, i assume you understand basic electronics right?
m
0
l
September 11, 2013 12:15:08 PM

ryan27968 said:
there is no amazon or ebay thing to do this. if you are doing a project, i assume you understand basic electronics right?


Well the project is to create an usable android application. I have tried using OTG cable and then connecting it to a USB hub. Connected power in one port of the hub and biometric device in the other, but it didn't work. :??: 
m
0
l
September 11, 2013 12:25:00 PM

so you do not understand electronics?
m
0
l
!