Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

$500 Gaming PC Help

Tags:
Last response: in Systems
Share
September 11, 2013 1:57:14 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: As soon as possible preferably today

Budget Range: $500
System Usage from Most to Least Important: Streaming all the games I play such as CS:GO and DOTA 2/SC2 as well as general use things browsing the internet etc.

Are you buying a monitor: No



Parts to Upgrade: I need everything except the case and the HDD. I dont require a disk drive.

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com or amazon.com
Location: Bridgeport,CT USA

Parts Preferences: Prefer intel but I'm not picky

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: Ill be using the streaming programs OBS or xsplit to stream most of the games I play like CS:GO. I'll also be playing most games that come out in the future like Titanfall, Watch Dogs etc. and would like to play them well atleast at medium or above settings.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: My PC gave out after a power surge this morning so I would like to replace it as soon as possible. My old machine was an AMD Phenom II x4 955 black edition @ 3.6 Ghz with a Radeon HD 6770 so i would hope to atleast be upgrading from that.

This is the case and HDD I already own.

Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

NZXT GAMMA Classic Series GAMA-001BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Thank you in advance for any help you guys can give me.

More about : 500 gaming

September 11, 2013 2:17:11 PM

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($79.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($59.98 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB Video Card ($175.66 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $550.61
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-11 17:30 EDT-0400)

cant really go any cheaper with intel build
m
0
l

Best solution

September 11, 2013 2:27:08 PM

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($117.98 @ Outlet PC)
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($79.98 @ Outlet PC)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($62.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($203.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($47.99 @ Microcenter)
Total: $512.92
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-11 17:27 EDT-0400)
Share
Related resources
September 11, 2013 2:27:45 PM

AMD Radeon said:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($79.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($59.98 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB Video Card ($175.66 @ Newegg)
Total: $505.62
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-11 17:17 EDT-0400)


All that looks good but theres no PSU
Edit: Nevermind you already fixed it. Looks good. Thanks man.
m
0
l
September 11, 2013 2:32:37 PM

yeah i forgot that, this one with nvidia card

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($79.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($59.98 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB Video Card ($144.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $519.94
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-11 17:31 EDT-0400)
m
0
l
September 11, 2013 3:03:41 PM

RazerZ said:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($117.98 @ Outlet PC)
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($79.98 @ Outlet PC)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($62.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($203.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($47.99 @ Microcenter)
Total: $512.92
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-11 17:27 EDT-0400)


I like this build the best but is 500 watt PSU really enough do you think i would need a 600w or 650w?
m
0
l
September 11, 2013 3:46:20 PM

Pineau45 said:
RazerZ said:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($117.98 @ Outlet PC)
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($79.98 @ Outlet PC)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($62.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($203.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($47.99 @ Microcenter)
Total: $512.92
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-11 17:27 EDT-0400)


I like this build the best but is 500 watt PSU really enough do you think i would need a 600w or 650w?


No 500 is enough :) 
m
0
l
!