7870 HDMI No done tell me how to slove this?isplay

Patrick Day

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
Just finished building my PC, and i'm using a HMDI cable to connect my PC to a HDTV. Nothing shows up, not even BIOS. This is the first boot by the way. There is no onboard HDMI port, so I used the one on the 7870. Should I get a monitor first and change the BIOS settings? I did everything with the GPU, put nothing got the HDMI to work with the HDTV. I've reinstalled RAM and the GPU. Can any

kookie3010

Honorable

have u check the power cable on the 7870 is connected to ur psu?is ur gpu fan spinning?

Patrick Day

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013

Yes, both fans are spinning and I have 2 6 pins connected to the GPU.

kookie3010

Honorable

any beeps?try moving the ram to a different slot.

Have you (in BIOS) enabled or make priority the pcie graphics and (sometimes needed) disabled the
IGPU (integrated graphics)?

kookie3010

Honorable

He wont be able to install the driver as it wouldnt even boot into bios.check ur ram placement.cables,caps.

kookie3010

Honorable

yes i know.even my built is not hdmi ready and it runs when i fist built in and plug it to an hd monitor via my 6770.so i need to know ur system spec.how many stick of ram are u using and what are the model.eg i once try to use a 1xr8 ddr3 model on system and it just didnt boot.

Patrick Day

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013

Monitor? Not a HDTV right?
BTW, I think it's because I don't have a PS/2 keyboard, so I can't press the key needed to get into BIOS since I have a USB keyboard
I might get a VGA cable, because I think the HDMI port might be broken.
Specs:
AMD FX-6300
Toshiba 1 TB SATA
ASrock 760GM-GS3
2x4 GB corsair vengeance
SolidGear 550w PSU
ASUS 24X DVD Burner
cooler master elite 430
Sapphire Radeon 7870 GHz edition

Patrick Day

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
Might have to do with this problem, but I think it's not actually the GPU, but the computer itself won't boot. There is no beep at all. Anyone know how to solve this problem? Everything work fine, the fans and all but there is no beep or sound at all. I've reset CMOS with the jumper and the battery, but this doesn't do anything. Any help please?

kookie3010

Honorable

Its an hd monitor.looks to me ur psu cant handle the 7870.if u can try a lower wattage card or another psu.all the cables are connected properly?

Patrick Day

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
It's possible that my CPU and/or mobo are dead or fried so I am going to RMA theme back to newegg. I cannot get anything out of the internal speaker so I came to the conclusion the CPU and mobo are dead. Thread is closed.