Which one of these 5 sub 160$ Motherboards should i get?

222lu222

Honorable
Jun 19, 2013
ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Asus Z87-Plus
Biostar Hi-Fi Z87X 3D
Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H
MSI Z87-G45 Gaming
These all perform very similar in the reviews i have seen. Which one is better and why? I will be mostly gaming and i will also be overclocking an intel core i5-4670k and an msi 760 i will be doing sli or i will be getting 7970's and crossfiring. If there is anything else you neeed to know please let me know. Also the budget is as said in the title 160$ or less. Which one has better quality? Better Customer service? Better features? better overclocking? In general which one is better? Thanks a lot i appreciate it

Solution
I'd lean to the Asus or the Rock, MSI and BioStar I won't touch for builds, poor QC and in BioStars case poor quality. GB has seemed a bit slow on the uptake with the Z87, the Rock is a good solid mobo but think Asus gets the edge as they seem to have the best handle on the Z87 chipset, much the same as the Rock did back with the Z77 chipset

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
I'd lean to the Asus or the Rock, MSI and BioStar I won't touch for builds, poor QC and in BioStars case poor quality. GB has seemed a bit slow on the uptake with the Z87, the Rock is a good solid mobo but think Asus gets the edge as they seem to have the best handle on the Z87 chipset, much the same as the Rock did back with the Z77 chipset

Solution

222lu222

Honorable
Jun 19, 2013

So you think I'll be better off with either the z87-plus or the extreme 4? In you opinion which one would be easier to work with for over locking and which one has a better warranty/ service? Also which one has better features out of both of them. The one with less useless features. Any body else wants to throw there opinion in here? Your welcome to do so!! And thanks a lot for answering :)

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Both are pretty equal, don't really see where either has anything more or less useless, same warranty (3 years), think the Asus gets a slight plus (from me anyway) as I think they have the best handle on the Z87 chipset, much as the Rock seemed to with the Z77 chipset

TwoDegreez

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013

biostar gets crapped on within these forums. i own the cheap ta970 and think the build quality is pretty darn good expecially for the $54 i paid.

im in the process of building an intel build and i will be going with the $120 Biostar Hi-Fi Z87X. for that price its a no brainer to me. dont knock it until u tried it.

cheers

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
For me anyway, it's not whether the mobos are 'good' or not, it's the poor quality control, with these (MSI BioStar) you may well get a good mobo, but are also far more likely to get one DOA or have it fail within 30-60 days - have seen all three more times than I want, and if that happens to me on a client build, then it's on me to take care of the replacement (RMA), and to get them something to run while the RMA goes through, and then to in effect have to do the build all over again....and all that time is on my dime....

TRENDING THREADS