My new rig baby

So this is my preposed rig.
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1Dexn

A couple of things first. One I need windows pro for work and two I am not sure about the monitor. I need advice on multi-monitor. Is it really worth it or should I just wait a couple of years and get a 4K???

Cheers in advance peeps
6 answers Last reply
More about rig baby
  1. And the purpose of this seemingly overspecced thing?

    64GB RAM?
    3 x 770's? Feeding a single monitor?
  2. USAFRet said:
    And the purpose of this seemingly overspecced thing?

    64GB RAM?
    3 x 770's? Feeding a single monitor?


    Some of the RAM I need for graphic work also I can so why not and third I really want to try out this ram disk thing. As for the GPU's like I said not sure if I will multi monitor or just wait for 4K monitors to come down in price thats what I need help with
  3. I've never owned 1 so I can't personally comment on the noise, but I feel like 4 veloceraptor hdd will sound like an actual veloceraptor tearing through your yard
  4. mc962 said:
    I've never owned 1 so I can't personally comment on the noise, but I feel like 4 veloceraptor hdd will sound like an actual veloceraptor tearing through your yard


    Are they that loud? I new there would be a bit noise so I was going to use anti vibration stuff. Thanks for the tip though I will check that out. Would I be better off with a couple of 2tb hdd's instead then?
  5. ssimpss said:
    USAFRet said:
    And the purpose of this seemingly overspecced thing?

    64GB RAM?
    3 x 770's? Feeding a single monitor?


    Some of the RAM I need for graphic work also I can so why not and third I really want to try out this ram disk thing. As for the GPU's like I said not sure if I will multi monitor or just wait for 4K monitors to come down in price thats what I need help with


    You don't need 3 770's to drive two monitors.
    And 'waiting' for 4k is all just speculation at this point.
  6. USAFRet said:
    ssimpss said:
    USAFRet said:
    And the purpose of this seemingly overspecced thing?

    64GB RAM?
    3 x 770's? Feeding a single monitor?


    Some of the RAM I need for graphic work also I can so why not and third I really want to try out this ram disk thing. As for the GPU's like I said not sure if I will multi monitor or just wait for 4K monitors to come down in price thats what I need help with


    You don't need 3 770's to drive two monitors.
    And 'waiting' for 4k is all just speculation at this point.


    true so cut a 770 you think and that should be more than enough and I can always add one later if its needed.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Cooler Master New Build SLI Systems