Solved

Opinion on 2 gaming systems

I was wondering which of these would be the better choice. I'm relatively new in gaming rigs, and am looking for a second opinion. Building the one from Newegg is not a problem, as I've built a rig before, (though the CyberPower system would be preferred, being pre-built), but is there any better options for about the same price? It will be used for mid-upper range gaming (Battlefield 4 eventually, Bioshock Inf, modded Skyrim, Total War: Rome 2, Tomb Raider, etc...)

I would like it to be comparable to my current build, as this will be a gift for a friend:
ASRock 970 Extreme4 Mo/Bo
Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 2GB GDDR5 GPU
AMD FX-6300 Vishera 6-core 3.5GHz CPU
G.Skill DDR3 8GB (2x4GB) RAM
Indifferent about the case/CD drive/HDD (as long as it's 1TB)


http://www.walmart.com/ip/CyberPowerPC-Black-Gamer-Xtreme-GXI480-Desktop-PC-with-Intel-Core-i5-4430-Processor-8GB-Memory-1TB-Hard-Drive-and-Windows-8-Operating-System-Monito/25843544#Specifications

Vs.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1430416
The newegg build will be $100 due to needing Windows 8
A monitor, keyboard, and mouse is already owned. The top range of the budget for the rest is $800
Thanks in advance for your help.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about opinion gaming systems
  1. Airacko said:
    I was wondering which of these would be the better choice. I'm relatively new in gaming rigs, and am looking for a second opinion. Building the one from Newegg is not a problem, as I've built a rig before, (though the CyberPower system would be preferred, being pre-built), but is there any better options for about the same price? It will be used for mid-upper range gaming (Battlefield 4 eventually, Bioshock Inf, modded Skyrim, Total War: Rome 2, Tomb Raider, etc...)

    I would like it to be comparable to my current build, as this will be a gift for a friend:
    ASRock 970 Extreme4 Mo/Bo
    Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 2GB GDDR5 GPU
    AMD FX-6300 Vishera 6-core 3.5GHz CPU
    G.Skill DDR3 8GB (2x4GB) RAM
    Indifferent about the case/CD drive/HDD (as long as it's 1TB)


    http://www.walmart.com/ip/CyberPowerPC-Black-Gamer-Xtreme-GXI480-Desktop-PC-with-Intel-Core-i5-4430-Processor-8GB-Memory-1TB-Hard-Drive-and-Windows-8-Operating-System-Monito/25843544#Specifications

    Vs.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1430416
    A monitor, keyboard, and mouse is already owned. The top range of the budget for the rest is $800
    Thanks in advance for your help.


    i'd take the newegg build in a heart beat. but thats just me.
  2. 2nd one..
    the 1st build might give u slightly better single thread performance(minor) but overall the 2nd build (newegg).. is far better..!
    go for the second build..
    secong build will also give you the pleasure of overclocking :p
    plus it has a better GPU ;)
  3. Thanks for the quick replies! I was leaning towards the Newegg build as well. What about....

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1430416 (same as the first post)

    Vs.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1430395

    Again, my range was around $800, and with an OS being $100, the second one is stretching the budget. Is it worth it? I was only looking at the second one because it has the same motherboard as mine, so I know it works well, and have absolutely no expertise on hardware, so can't say for sure whether the Gigabyte MO/BO is good enough.
  4. Best answer
    Airacko said:
    Thanks for the quick replies! I was leaning towards the Newegg build as well. What about....

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1430416 (same as the first post)

    Vs.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1430395

    Again, my range was around $800, and with an OS being $100, the second one is stretching the budget. Is it worth it? I was only looking at the second one because it has the same motherboard as mine, so I know it works well.


    the first one gets my vote. better gpu = better gaming.
  5. http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1430416 this one...you will be surprised to know ,i myself was planning to build a system by the end of this month...i will be getting those parts that are in your build that i suggested..(mostly) :p
  6. ShaBaz Khan said:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1430416 this one...you will be surprised to know ,i myself was planning to build a system by the end of this month...i will be getting those parts that are in your build that i suggested..(mostly) :p


    nokiddingboss said:
    Airacko said:
    Thanks for the quick replies! I was leaning towards the Newegg build as well. What about....

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1430416 (same as the first post)

    Vs.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1430395

    Again, my range was around $800, and with an OS being $100, the second one is stretching the budget. Is it worth it? I was only looking at the second one because it has the same motherboard as mine, so I know it works well.


    the first one gets my vote. better gpu = better gaming.


    Thanks to the both of you! I'll be buying that straight away!
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Systems