Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Serious bottlenecking radeon 7970

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
September 13, 2013 2:41:16 PM

Hello, guys!

A while back i created a topic so you guys could help me with my graphic card problem.

Today, i decided to use msi afterburner to check my gpu usage while playing skyrim. I cant get any higher than 45%.

When i play wow, i cant get over 20%.

After reading some posts here, it should be running at 95% plus.

My graphic card is an AMD Radeon 7970 and my processor is a FX 8120 3.1ghz 8 core.

Any tips on what i should do to fix my problem?
a b U Graphics card
September 13, 2013 2:45:23 PM

Sadlot said:
Hello, guys!

A while back i created a topic so you guys could help me with my graphic card problem.

Today, i decided to use msi afterburner to check my gpu usage while playing skyrim. I cant get any higher than 45%.

When i play wow, i cant get over 20%.

After reading some posts here, it should be running at 95% plus.

My graphic card is an AMD Radeon 7970 and my processor is a FX 8120 3.1ghz 8 core.

Any tips on what i should do to fix my problem?


You might need to overclock your 8120, Skyrim is single-threaded CPU heavy. What is your full specs? You might have put the 7970 in a PCI-E X16(X4 mode) lane.
m
0
l
September 13, 2013 2:53:44 PM

The Q6660 Inside said:
Sadlot said:
Hello, guys!

A while back i created a topic so you guys could help me with my graphic card problem.

Today, i decided to use msi afterburner to check my gpu usage while playing skyrim. I cant get any higher than 45%.

When i play wow, i cant get over 20%.

After reading some posts here, it should be running at 95% plus.

My graphic card is an AMD Radeon 7970 and my processor is a FX 8120 3.1ghz 8 core.

Any tips on what i should do to fix my problem?


You might need to overclock your 8120, Skyrim is single-threaded CPU heavy. What is your full specs? You might have put the 7970 in a PCI-E X16(X4 mode) lane.



Hello,

My mother board is an Asus M5A88-M
16 GB ram

One thing that i ve noticed when i use CPU-Z is that my processor core speed keeps bouncing between 1.4MHz and 3.4MHz.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
September 13, 2013 2:59:30 PM

Sadlot said:
The Q6660 Inside said:
Sadlot said:
Hello, guys!

A while back i created a topic so you guys could help me with my graphic card problem.

Today, i decided to use msi afterburner to check my gpu usage while playing skyrim. I cant get any higher than 45%.

When i play wow, i cant get over 20%.

After reading some posts here, it should be running at 95% plus.

My graphic card is an AMD Radeon 7970 and my processor is a FX 8120 3.1ghz 8 core.

Any tips on what i should do to fix my problem?


You might need to overclock your 8120, Skyrim is single-threaded CPU heavy. What is your full specs? You might have put the 7970 in a PCI-E X16(X4 mode) lane.



Hello,

My mother board is an Asus M5A88-M
16 GB ram

One thing that i ve noticed when i use CPU-Z is that my processor core speed keeps bouncing between 1.4MHz and 3.4MHz.

That is normal, now I would suggest you get a better motherboard, the M5A88M is a low end board that was not designed for the 8120 or high end setups.
m
0
l
September 13, 2013 3:06:24 PM

The Q6660 Inside said:
Sadlot said:
The Q6660 Inside said:
Sadlot said:
Hello, guys!

A while back i created a topic so you guys could help me with my graphic card problem.

Today, i decided to use msi afterburner to check my gpu usage while playing skyrim. I cant get any higher than 45%.

When i play wow, i cant get over 20%.

After reading some posts here, it should be running at 95% plus.

My graphic card is an AMD Radeon 7970 and my processor is a FX 8120 3.1ghz 8 core.

Any tips on what i should do to fix my problem?


You might need to overclock your 8120, Skyrim is single-threaded CPU heavy. What is your full specs? You might have put the 7970 in a PCI-E X16(X4 mode) lane.



Hello,

My mother board is an Asus M5A88-M
16 GB ram

One thing that i ve noticed when i use CPU-Z is that my processor core speed keeps bouncing between 1.4MHz and 3.4MHz.

That is normal, now I would suggest you get a better motherboard, the M5A88M is a low end board that was not designed for the 8120 or high end setups.


In your opinion, you think my motherboard is bottlenecking everything else?
m
0
l
September 14, 2013 4:20:24 PM

Sorry for bumping my thread.

But since the reason of my problem is my motherboard
Which one do you guys i should buy?

m
0
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
September 15, 2013 9:31:35 AM

Sadlot said:
Sorry for bumping my thread.

But since the reason of my problem is my motherboard
Which one do you guys i should buy?



Go for the M5A99FX PRO R2.0 and get a Hyper 212 EVO to keep the 8120 cool.
Share
!