$1250 Multi-purpose PC

Mark Benitez

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013
What I need it for
  • Gaming(crysis3, gtav, bf4, etc.)
    Game Developing - Just for this discussion i'll say I use something intense like cryengine 3
    Photo Editing - Photoshop
    Video Editing - After Effects
My Budget
$1250

MyBuild So Far
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/NG3D/saved/2lrC

I need this pc to be able to withstand some heavy stuff, any game devs out there understand exactly what i mean, especially that i do everything myself ALOT will be open at the same time, for example maya, Photoshop, Game Engine, and Internet of course.

I took what little knowledge i knew about pc's and tried to make this build as good as I can. I would appreciate it if anyone can reccommend me better price on parts, cheaper parts just as good or better,parts better but do not cause build to be more than 1300

I have no knowledge about monitors, so if someone can reccommend me a better monitor under $200 it would mean alot.

Also I plan on Overclocking the gpu and cpu but dont know if i should, I need this pc to at least last a year and a half

Also need help on if i chose a good psu
PLEASE DON'T TELL ME TO CHANGE OS BECAUSE I WILL BE GETTING WINDOWS 8 EITHER WAY

Solution
The only engine I actually worked with is Unity3D and I should say that more cores does not equal more performance with game SDKs. The FX8350 might be faster at compiling but it is not suited for your needs. AE scales with RAM and higher IPC, not cores. Most of the PS tools are strictly IPC dependent - well all of them except the filters actually... Intel has way higher IPC which helps it pull of in those single/dual threaded functions. Also Intel platforms reach way higher RAM bandwidth and I/O. I strongly suggest to consider an Intel platform machine.

Shneiky

Distinguished
The only engine I actually worked with is Unity3D and I should say that more cores does not equal more performance with game SDKs. The FX8350 might be faster at compiling but it is not suited for your needs. AE scales with RAM and higher IPC, not cores. Most of the PS tools are strictly IPC dependent - well all of them except the filters actually... Intel has way higher IPC which helps it pull of in those single/dual threaded functions. Also Intel platforms reach way higher RAM bandwidth and I/O. I strongly suggest to consider an Intel platform machine.

Solution

Mark Benitez

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013

Thanks for the quick reply, I took a quick look around for some intel cpu's, it seems the Intel Core i7 3770K is the best for its price and comes with a gpu, is it any good?