Solved

4770K Haswell VS 4820K Ivy Bridge E

I plan on building my first PC in a few months and need to know if I should get a 4770K or a 4820K I will mostly be editing and needing performance I'm going to be overclocking either or to hopefully 5 GHZ with a H80i i will be doing some gaming mostly BF4 and minecraft which should t be a problem with a overclock I just need to know which is better for performance?
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 4770k haswell 4820k ivy bridge
  1. Good luck getting 5.0Ghz lol on either chip, if money is not an issue go with the Ivy Bridge E!
  2. Both being quads with hyper threading I belief it is more cost effective to build on the 4770K.
    Those should compare similarly as last gen http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/551?vs=523 did not have an option for the 4820.
  3. redeemer said:
    Good luck getting 5.0Ghz lol on either chip, if money is not an issue go with the Ivy Bridge E!


    I hope to get a high clock but what ever is stable is stable haha but what do you think I should get? the 4820K is the exact same price as the 4770K on newegg!
  4. ItsZonda said:
    redeemer said:
    Good luck getting 5.0Ghz lol on either chip, if money is not an issue go with the Ivy Bridge E!


    I hope to get a high clock but what ever is stable is stable haha but what do you think I should get? the 4820K is the exact same price as the 4770K on newegg!

    Then you figure in the motherboard price.
  5. In the case that both mother boards cost the same, what would you choose then?
  6. TurboJ said:
    In the case that both mother boards cost the same, what would you choose then?

    I know they do not cost the same but if it was the case then the LGA 2011.
  7. Prices vary in different markets so that choice is very valid for some people
  8. TurboJ said:
    Prices vary in different markets so that choice is very valid for some people


    Well lets put it this way you can get LGA 1150 board for $100 while the cheapest LGA2011 boards are just under $200.
  9. Best answer
    Personally, I would not bother with LGA 2011 CPU unless I'm going to buy a 6 core i7 CPU. For quad core CPUs, I would just stick with either the LGA 1150 / 1150 Core i5/i7 CPUs.
  10. ItsZonda said:
    redeemer said:
    Good luck getting 5.0Ghz lol on either chip, if money is not an issue go with the Ivy Bridge E!


    I hope to get a high clock but what ever is stable is stable haha but what do you think I should get? the 4820K is the exact same price as the 4770K on newegg!
  11. My friend there performance are really close and as the others said 4820k s with its Ivy Bridge is better for overclocking and 4820k has better construction (Haswell) and has a little bit more single core performance but also 4820k has more cache (+2MB) and if youre going to use RAM with higher frequency (1866) 4820k supports them, while 4770k doesn't. So think about what RAM and motherboard will you use too Here see this! :) ;) :
    http://ark.intel.com/compare/75056,75122,77781,77656,53677
  12. Go with the LGA 2011, its a really powerful platform.
  13. jaguarskx said:
    Personally, I would not bother with LGA 2011 CPU unless I'm going to buy a 6 core i7 CPU. For quad core CPUs, I would just stick with either the LGA 1150 / 1150 Core i5/i7 CPUs.


    I agree completely. A 3770k and Z77 extreme4 or 4770k and Z87 extreme4 are much better deals for the money than getting a quad core LGA 2011 cpu and board.
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking Performance CPUs