Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Which budget gaming PC?

Last response: in Systems
Share
September 14, 2013 7:43:30 AM

First time builder, which build would be the better out of these 2 need advice. Budget £500.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1DBN0 - AMD FX Build

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1DBWc - AMD A10-5800K Build

Please help me.

More about : budget gaming

a b ) Power supply
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
September 14, 2013 7:48:32 AM

The FX build of course. It has a dedicated graphics card and a CPU which is more powerful.
a b 4 Gaming
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
September 14, 2013 7:49:14 AM

AMD FX build is better.
Related resources
September 14, 2013 7:49:43 AM

The second build does not have a GPU so I would say the first build.
September 14, 2013 7:53:05 AM

Thanks but please can you explain because the 2nd build doesn't have a graphics card but AMD somehow have built a GPU with the CPU. Can an expert please help me, no offense on anyone by the way :) 

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
a b 4 Gaming
a b ) Power supply
a b å Intel
a b B Homebuilt system
September 14, 2013 7:59:44 AM
Share

Hussain Ali said:
Thanks but please can you explain because the 2nd build doesn't have a graphics card but AMD somehow have built a GPU with the CPU. Can an expert please help me, no offense on anyone by the way :) 


In short AMD APUs are meant for those who are on a strict budget, or who want a low power PC/ slim pc build. An FX6300 has faster and more powerful cores while the GPU is by far faster than the A10's integrated graphics. Go with the FX 6300 without doubt.
September 14, 2013 8:02:33 AM

RazerZ said:
Hussain Ali said:
Thanks but please can you explain because the 2nd build doesn't have a graphics card but AMD somehow have built a GPU with the CPU. Can an expert please help me, no offense on anyone by the way :) 


In short AMD APUs are meant for those who are on a strict budget, or who want a low power PC/ slim pc build. An FX6300 has faster and more powerful cores while the GPU is by far faster than the A10's integrated graphics. Go with the FX 6300 without doubt.


Thanks RazerZ, I remember you helping me before :D 

Is there anything else I need to do for the FX build? Like is it all compatible?
a b K Overclocking
a b 4 Gaming
a b ) Power supply
a b å Intel
a b B Homebuilt system
September 14, 2013 8:11:59 AM

Hussain Ali said:
RazerZ said:
Hussain Ali said:
Thanks but please can you explain because the 2nd build doesn't have a graphics card but AMD somehow have built a GPU with the CPU. Can an expert please help me, no offense on anyone by the way :) 


In short AMD APUs are meant for those who are on a strict budget, or who want a low power PC/ slim pc build. An FX6300 has faster and more powerful cores while the GPU is by far faster than the A10's integrated graphics. Go with the FX 6300 without doubt.


Thanks RazerZ, I remember you helping me before :D 

Is there anything else I need to do for the FX build? Like is it all compatible?


Give me a minute :) 
a b K Overclocking
a b 4 Gaming
a b ) Power supply
a b å Intel
a b B Homebuilt system
September 14, 2013 8:22:24 AM

For a few pounds more you can get 1TB of storage and a better monitor,case, and faster ram :)  Also the motherboard you chose before wasn't compatible with the ram so I made all those changes and here it is:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor (£82.99 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: ASRock 960GM/U3S3 FX Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard (£43.00 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: A-Data XPG Gaming Series v2.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (£41.40 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£46.85 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7790 1GB Video Card (£86.66 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Zalman Z9 ATX Mid Tower Case (£34.86 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 450W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£36.50 @ Ebuyer)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer (£12.78 @ Amazon UK)
Monitor: LG E2442V-BN 24.0" Monitor (£122.09 @ Dabs)
Total: £507.13
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-14 16:21 BST+0100)
September 14, 2013 8:26:05 AM

RazerZ said:
For a few pounds more you can get 1TB of storage and a better monitor,case, and faster ram :)  Also the motherboard you chose before wasn't compatible with the ram so I made all those changes and here it is:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor (£82.99 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: ASRock 960GM/U3S3 FX Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard (£43.00 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: A-Data XPG Gaming Series v2.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (£41.40 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£46.85 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7790 1GB Video Card (£86.66 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Zalman Z9 ATX Mid Tower Case (£34.86 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 450W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£36.50 @ Ebuyer)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer (£12.78 @ Amazon UK)
Monitor: LG E2442V-BN 24.0" Monitor (£122.09 @ Dabs)
Total: £507.13
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-14 16:21 BST+0100)


Thanks for your time, for everything!! You've been a real help!!!
a b K Overclocking
a b 4 Gaming
a b ) Power supply
a b å Intel
a b B Homebuilt system
September 14, 2013 8:36:14 AM

Hussain Ali said:
RazerZ said:
For a few pounds more you can get 1TB of storage and a better monitor,case, and faster ram :)  Also the motherboard you chose before wasn't compatible with the ram so I made all those changes and here it is:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor (£82.99 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: ASRock 960GM/U3S3 FX Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard (£43.00 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: A-Data XPG Gaming Series v2.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (£41.40 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£46.85 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7790 1GB Video Card (£86.66 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Zalman Z9 ATX Mid Tower Case (£34.86 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 450W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£36.50 @ Ebuyer)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer (£12.78 @ Amazon UK)
Monitor: LG E2442V-BN 24.0" Monitor (£122.09 @ Dabs)
Total: £507.13
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-14 16:21 BST+0100)


Thanks for your time, for everything!! You've been a real help!!!


No problem :) 
September 14, 2013 9:00:34 AM

RazerZ said:
11536525,0,1412912 said:
11536503,0,1393065 said:
For a few pounds more you can get 1TB of storage and a better monitor,case, and faster ram :)  Also the motherboard you chose before wasn't compatible with the ram so I made all those changes and here it is:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor (£82.99 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: ASRock 960GM/U3S3 FX Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard (£43.00 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: A-Data XPG Gaming Series v2.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (£41.40 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£46.85 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7790 1GB Video Card (£86.66 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Zalman Z9 ATX Mid Tower Case (£34.86 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 450W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£36.50 @ Ebuyer)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer (£12.78 @ Amazon UK)
Monitor: LG E2442V-BN 24.0" Monitor (£122.09 @ Dabs)
Total: £507.13
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-14 16:21 BST+0100)
said:
said:


For your budget this is a really good build RazerZ got it dead on
!