Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Whats the best graphics card suited for my computer?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Computers
  • Games
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
September 14, 2013 9:44:23 AM

I have a refurbished windows 7 pentium 4 computer which is being used mainly for work but i like to play games, i know its an old computer so i realise i cannot play modern games but i do like to play games such as age of empires III. What graphics card should i get? If you need any system information let me know

More about : whats graphics card suited computer

a b U Graphics card
September 14, 2013 9:51:35 AM

Thejoeac said:
I have a refurbished windows 7 pentium 4 computer which is being used mainly for work but i like to play games, i know its an old computer so i realise i cannot play modern games but i do like to play games such as age of empires III. What graphics card should i get? If you need any system information let me know


Well, it's hard to say what would be a good GPU to fit that outdated CPU, but a safe bet, even if it does get bottlenecked a bit, is a Radeon HD 7750. It's cheap and will certainly get you good frames at decent settings for Age of Empires III and all other games of that category. However, you may consider upgrading that CPU and Motherboard at some point in future.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
3
l
September 14, 2013 10:02:09 AM

Deus Gladiorum said:
Thejoeac said:
I have a refurbished windows 7 pentium 4 computer which is being used mainly for work but i like to play games, i know its an old computer so i realise i cannot play modern games but i do like to play games such as age of empires III. What graphics card should i get? If you need any system information let me know


Well, it's hard to say what would be a good GPU to fit that outdated CPU, but a safe bet, even if it does get bottlenecked a bit, is a Radeon HD 7750. It's cheap and will certainly get you good frames at decent settings for Age of Empires III and all other games of that category. However, you may consider upgrading that CPU and Motherboard at some point in future.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Someone else did say that i should purchase a radion 6570, do i still stick with the 7750?
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
September 14, 2013 10:05:50 AM

Well the first thing to think about is whether you have PCI or PCI-E in that system. That would determine what GPU you could even get. With it being a P4 it could have either.
m
0
l
September 14, 2013 10:27:54 AM

bryonhowley said:
Well the first thing to think about is whether you have PCI or PCI-E in that system. That would determine what GPU you could even get. With it being a P4 it could have either.


I have Pci in the system
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
September 14, 2013 12:01:00 PM

Thejoeac said:
Deus Gladiorum said:
Thejoeac said:
I have a refurbished windows 7 pentium 4 computer which is being used mainly for work but i like to play games, i know its an old computer so i realise i cannot play modern games but i do like to play games such as age of empires III. What graphics card should i get? If you need any system information let me know


Well, it's hard to say what would be a good GPU to fit that outdated CPU, but a safe bet, even if it does get bottlenecked a bit, is a Radeon HD 7750. It's cheap and will certainly get you good frames at decent settings for Age of Empires III and all other games of that category. However, you may consider upgrading that CPU and Motherboard at some point in future.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Someone else did say that i should purchase a radion 6570, do i still stick with the 7750?


The 6570 is a very low end GPU and its not manufactured anymore, plus I'm pretty sure it's not even meant for gaming. You could find a used one or an old unopened one on eBay but the 7750 is a far better graphics card in terms of performance and it's so cheap that there's no reason to consider a 6570 unless you're seriously on a budget that's under $60 - $90
m
0
l
January 13, 2014 11:04:51 PM

You want to put about 95% of your money into your GPU and CPU. so if you want to buy a relatively expensive or mid-range GPU, try and get a more modern CPU as well. Because CPU's will bottleneck the crap out of graphics cards since a chip like the pentium 4 has hardly any power.
m
0
l
!